A moment of parental bragging, if I may....

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mctiger, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It worked out OK for Tallan Latz. For his 7th birthday he chose a guitar over a bicycle. Here is is at ten

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He is a natural at everything. Buy him a go cart and get him into racing. Maybe NASCAR is in his future.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I went back and read my post and wanted to be perfectly clear that my son is no freak of nature phenom like that post may have read.....but he is really really good at everything. Not the BEST at everything....but really good.

Just wanted to clear that up. I'm not one of those parents who automatically thinks his kid is the best just b/c it's his kid. lol

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I get these Christmas newsletters every year from some relatives I haven't seen in years that go something like this.

Our oldest son Winthrop has just been elected captain of the polo team at Harvard. Buffy, our youngest daughter is president of her sorority while stlll maintaining a perfect grade average. Nerdington, the baby of the family has decided to postpone his senior year at Stanford to concentrate on his Silicon Valley startup. He has already been offered $43 Billion dollars for his app but he is holding out for top dollar.
    Since retiring last year Bartholomew has been going a bit stir crazy until he joined the Palm Beach Yacht Club. His 12 meter sloop has won every race and he's considering entering it into the next America's Cup.
    Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada

Just sayin'

LSUDad likes this.
  5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

What's your point?

LSUDad likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well, we finally got to go to a regatta this weekend. The weather was absolutely miserable, but still loved it. Anthony's boat (collegiate open 4) came in 10th out of 13 in the class....but the coach tells me he doesn't expect much from them. They just don't have the raw power to compete with the likes of Georgia Tech, Clemson, Virginia Tech or 'Bama. My son is the biggest one in the boat, at 6'1 and about 185. He'd be the smallest in the boat if he were racing for GT.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

son turns 3 today, he is writing and reading some books to me at night, what a feeling!
    after a weekend at Animal Kingdom, it hit me how old I am getting.

uscvball likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Just wait.....there will be a time when he's listening to "your" music and refers to it as the "oldies". Or, he hears classic (not classical) music in a movie and believes that's where it originated. SMH.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  9. mctiger

LOL at this....during the regatta, at one point we walked over to where they were launching the boats. The meet director at the dock was playing 70s-80s tunes over the PA between announcements, and my son told my wife,"Dad must have talked to this guy about what music to play."

10. mctiger

Tomorrow is SIRA - the Southern Intercollegiate Rowing Association championships in Oak Ridge TN. siraregatta.com has the link to live webstream on youtube. My son's varsity 4 boat races about 4:15 our time. They have to finish in the top 3 in their heat to advance to the semis Saturday, but they've got Virginia, VCU and College of Charleston in their heat. 4th might be the best they can hope for.