A moment of parental bragging, if I may....

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mctiger, Oct 10, 2012.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We've camped at Lake Lanier Island, great place. Helen, Ga is a great town, not far from there, worth the trip. Glad your son is enjoying and doing well. Congrats

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ya' learn something every day. Indoor computer crew boating . . . who'da thunk?

LSUDad likes this.
  3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Ok, I'm going to bump the kid bragging thread here.

My son is 8 and played his first year of tackle football this past year. He killed it. Played TE, and LB. Hardest hitting kid on the team (and he's not huge). Plays with a grit and determination. He has "it" as his coaches say. He's fast, can catch, run, block and tackle. He gets it. He knows how to play the game. Very advanced especially for his 1st year.

After football I signed him up for basketball. He played guard. Tons of defense, blocked shots, steals and a decent amount of points (his shooting percentage was really high compared to others....he just didn't shoot as much as he should have IMO). But he is the pesky guard that will steal the ball from you everytime. He did really well.

After basketball, all he talked about was signing up for baseball. His mom ended up signing him up. I was concerned b/c this would be his 1st year of baseball and all of the other kids have been playing for 5 years. Well, he got out there and was named starting pitcher (it's machine pitch, but the ball comes to the pitcher's mound alot and the pitcher is expected to make plays). He's throwing kids out left and right and plays defense like an animal.

Then, he got up to bat. My ex got him a really expensive ($130) bat that some teenager told her to buy at Dick's. He struck out. On his way to the dugout, my buddy (who is a baseball expert) pulled me to the side and told me to get him a shorter/lighter bat. So I found a smaller one in the dugout and told my son to hit with it and he has hit nothing but HRs, doubles and triples since. It's unfuckingbelieveable.

So we win a tourney over the weekend and all of the coaches are telling me that my son will be an All-Star this year......and it's his first year playing.

So, if I haven't bored you to sleep yet, he's also a straight A student.

There is nothing worse than a parent bragging about his snot-nosed kid.....but I have to. This kid is fucking awesome.

edit: he wants to play LaCross, too which would make him a 4 sport athlete, but he can't play til he gets into 6th grade.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    gyver, mctiger and P&G_wheelz007 like this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@Cajun Sensation kid sounds like a stud.

Incidentally, the Northwestern crew is back in action again this weekend. It's the Row Tide Regatta in Tuscaloosa. Small event... besides the host gumps, its LSU, Samford and a couple of independent clubs.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  5. red55

But can he play the guitar solo in Comfortably Numb?

KyleK likes this.
  6. Cajun Sensation

No, but I'm sure if I groomed him to be a musician, he'd be a good one.

My kid isn't the best at everything....but he's pretty good at everything he puts his mind to.

Also, let it be known that I have no delusions of grandeur.....I don't expect him to become some amazing athlete that will play D1 anything. I'm just a proud father who likes to see his son excel, that's all.

7. red55

I don't know . . . I'd get him a guitar.

8. Cajun Sensation

You are probably right.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

[​IMG] Anthony is not happy after losing a men's 4 scrimmage race against Oklahoma City U. This week is the John Hunter Regatta in Gainesville, GA, at the '96 Olympics rowing venue. Competing schools include LSU, Tulane, Bama, Auburn, Tenn., UGA, Vandy, Clemson, Duke and NC State. My wife and I will be going; it will be our first regatta, and we are pumped!

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

Cajun Sensation likes this.