A moment of parental bragging, if I may....

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mctiger, Oct 10, 2012.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How did the youngster fare MC? Good ole NSU, I used to live on cypress st, a few streets over from the KA house, how I never got seriously injured at that house on the hill I will never know.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The team struggled LaSalle, but they expected to against that competition (Tennessee, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, GT, Tulane, Vandy, and a number of smaller schools). He said the coach and the captain both told him that he did very well, and the captain of the varsity 8 boat told him he will get him more work with the varsity.

They go to Wichita in 2 weeks for a much smaller regatta. Maybe they can be more competitive there.

I know the KA house; my brother-in-law used to live a couple of doors down. Those guys do have a tendency to get a little wild. My son is about to pledge Pi Kappa Phi.

3. mctiger

lol, both of the 8-man's he rowed on struggled, like 15th out of 16. The 4-man novice team got smoked as well. But my son personally got a good review from the coach and boat captains.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. mctiger

Rowing time approaches again, friends. My son and the Northwestern St. crew are preparing for Sunday's Frostbite Regatta in Wichita, KS. The competition includes Kansas, Kansas St. Nebraska, Colorado, Colorado St, Oklahoma, Iowa St, Creighton and Wichita St, plus a number of club teams. Not sure what events Anthony will be competing in yet, but he practiced with the Varsity 8's again yesterday.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

LaSalle when where you visiting the KA house at NSU. I was a KA at NSU... Curious if we ever crossed paths

6. mctiger

Just found out Anthony will be rowing with the varsity 8 again in Wichita. He's also rowing novice 8, novice 4 and mixed 8.

gyver likes this.
  7. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

Good stuff, mctiger. Congrats to your son (and to you,too).

I have some parental bragging on a different front if I may. My suave 8 year old son managed to get a girl's digits. I don't know how he did it. He's a bit goofy but he is handsome. Maybe it was his blue eyes that charmed this poor girl. He's talked about this girl a few times and likes to sit next to her when he can. His teachers tell us that he can be quite charming, too bad we don't really see that side of him at home. But still proud of this, and other things, too. Although, I don't know how her parents will feel if he should actually call her.

8. mctiger

The novice-4 team came in 12th out of 20. The novice-8 was 8th out of 9. Two more events left for my son, who felt really good about the novice-4 finish, and thinks they have a chance to medal in the varsity-8.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The time I spent there was from 1993-1997. I had some very good friends that lived there. They lived in the room downstairs to the right that had the hole in the wall and i'll just leave it at that.

10. mctiger

I brought this thread back up to the top because a team member finally posted some pics from Chatanooga. These are from the men's novice 4 team, my son is in the third seat from the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KyleK likes this.