A moment of parental bragging, if I may....

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mctiger, Oct 10, 2012.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Don't make me go all caps on your ass

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

What the heck, dude.....freaking Lady Ducks lost to ucla? Shocker.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I know, it sucked,.. Ducks clobbered them in the first game of the Super-regionals 8-1,.. and were ahead 1-0 in the 7th, two outs away from going to the World Series,.. but no, a home run tied it up, and Oregon lost in extra innings,.. then lost the rubber game and were eliminated by the pitcher we thrashed two days earlier. UCLA has been our nemesis this year, Duck fans were upset that we had to play them in the Supers.

Ducks did win the National Title in golf though :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It is what it is. I've always thought the Pac gets tough regionals in both softball and baseball. Off year tho for baseball in the West. Some 40 players from CA are on SEC softball rosters. Consequently, 4 of 8 teams in the WCWS are from the SEC and 5 of 8 coaches are from California/Pac (Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama, ucla, Auburn).

Men's yes. Congrats. The ladies...Oregon lost to.....ucla! Ownage. USC lost to Duke. Furd and the Fuskies played for the Natty and Washington won. PAC12! PAC 12! PAC12! Lol.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Okay, in keeping with the thread title. My daughter just graduated HS and finished her Sr. year with the 2nd highest batting av on the team with .429. She had 33 hits in 77 AB's over 28 games. 22 singles, 8 doubles and 3 triples. Only 7 K's. Scored 24 runs. She was the lead-off batter at the beginning of the season then moved down to the 5th slot for the back end.

I actually wasn't aware of her stats until recently. Some parents were mad about the coach's granddaughter/principal's daughter being over-represented with inflated stats. One of our parents coaches at another HS and had access to the website that the HS coaches input their team stats to. The article in the paper showed my daughter with a .266 and the "other" kid with an upper .300 or lower .400, don't remember exactly. They wanted me to join in and raise stink about some bullshit (and there was plenty of bullshit that went on) but I told them we weren't about that. I got burned with the first daughter being treated unfairly so I learned not to let softball be that important in life.

GiantDuckFan, mctiger and uscvball like this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And just like that.....two former Cali travel teammates, Knighten (Oklahoma) and Osorio (Bama) faced each other in the bottom of the 8th with a 0-0 tie and Oklahoma comes away with a walk-off 3-run homerun win.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yep. Her second walk-off this year.

uscvball likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Great pitching duel. Both sophomores. Knighten is a baller.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Please for the love of god

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

What? Nobody forced your cranky ass to read this thread. Lighten up or drink up....whichever works better.