A&M offering Chavis?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Dec 21, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

IMO, Bobo getting dropped is long overdue. He is like a poor man's Jimbo Fisher, the screen game is the base of his offense, and if it doesn't work or you can stop Georgia's run they are in trouble, wait a minute....sounds like some other team I know, minus the screen game. (Which may be the only part of LSU's offense that had improved)

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Why would someone do something like that on this board?

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Criticize them all you want to, no one is stopping you. But people also disagree and they will say so, too. Get used to it.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

We can agree to disagree. I see it as the D that LSU was playing all second half was dominating Bama. Why change and give them such a large cushion. THe scheme gave Bama the space to methodically move the chains in the amount of time.

LSU stayed aggressive against Ole Miss. Had they come back and won I'd have had no issue at all. I rather lose playing to win, than lose, playing consevative.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well we had the ball on Bamas 6 and got 3 FUXKING points.

:/

I just can't blame a D that's holds a team with. 3k passer, 1K rusher and cooper, who is a 1st round pick to 13 points.

6. ThePhenom74

The issue I have is that the D dominated Bama. Then all of a sudden changed philosophy and gave them chunks of yards down the field. Stay aggressive.

I commend the D and agree the O is a large blame. I just get frustrated with conservative coaching at the end of games. I've already said enough about the Miles style of O.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I know you likely don't want to, but if you would watch the game again you'll see the defensive approach didn't change much throughout that game. The defense spent quite a bit of time rushing four. That's the same approach/scheme as in the last drive. Corners played press occasionally and backed off the line as much on drives in the first half as they did the second: or more specifically that last drive of the fourth.

Bama was in passing formation over two-thirds of that ball game which is the reason you saw four down, five or more in protection, with two linebackers covering the the short middle.

You keep saying there was a change in philosophy that gave up chuck's of yards but that simply isn't the case. There were three long passing plays—by long I mean over 20 yards—and in each it was under pressure situations. In this post in this thread I posted photographic proof of the sets.

The other "chunk of yards" came on this set. It's just like the one that set up the field goal.

2.png

The defense was aggressive the whole game—very much so on these long yardage plays you keep pointing to.

I realize you're looking for reasons but I think you're missing the reason. Players happened to make plays—some good, some bad.

Seriously, consider this. If the kickoff following the field goal isn't out of bounds that game tying score very likely doesn't happen. If Alexander doesn't lose his cool on 1st and 10 from the 6, that's likely 7 points instead of 3.

Recurring theme here...players making good, and bad plays.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    ROY_LA_CA, lsu-i-like, red55 and 2 others like this.
  8. ThePhenom74

You right, I don't want to re-watch the game. I know the penalty and bad kickoff were huge mistakes by players. I was very pissed when I seen the short kickoff, then the mistake. I think they should have kicked it off, trust your players. Ultimately you are bringing up some valid points. I just seem to remember LSU giving them a much bigger cushion for most plays of the final drive.

Mikeaux and shane0911 like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Because your eyes didn't lie to you

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You have way too much free time.

ParadiseiNC likes this.