A&M offering Chavis?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Dec 21, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Once again, common sense rears its ugly head.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sure, that is possible.

But again, I ask, if 1 thing has worked all game long, why do something totally different when it matters most, and fail, twice!

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Chief needs to keep Sumlin on hold, just long enough to keep their recruiting in a mess.

dudley likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the players clearly played 10yds + off the bama players on the last drive. this was what was called by Chavis which he has done multiple times. it was a failure to not press as you had all game. wasnt a failure to execute. was a failed plan again.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Non-sense the players just didn't do it right. Forget the fact that they did just fine ALL the way to the last drive of the 4th qtr and then decided to fuck up.

6. msully

msully Founding Member

The players have to understand do not follow be between receiver and the goal line. But the most important thing . When the receiver catches the ball, put his butt on the ground . Don't be standing around looking & thinking "Well where did he go , oh sh-t he made it .to the end zone" . Like in the bama game after the 2nd break, D man was 10 yards behind the receiver , not once but every time that route was called why?? Not coaching ,

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

From what I've come across this week—all chalked up in the "did you hear this" category—Sumlin put Durkin on hold to check with Chavis which largely contributed to the mess seen this past weekend in recruiting. (See Malik Jefferson and Daylon Mack.)

LSUDad likes this.
  8. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I have always said that Chavis style bothers me, but that is because I like aggressive. With that said aggressive can get burned if not played right. This does not mean I would like to see him leave. Its like a Les Miles relationship, some days I love him, others not so much. Does anyone think A&M would pay him enough to get him there? He makes as much as many head coaches and has pretty good intangibles where he is.

Oh and why didn't they grab Mushchamp when they had the chance. AU didn't waste time.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What about the offense? Don't you think the way the D played those 2 games should have been enough?

10. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

You can close this one. Chief inked a 3 year extension to stay with the Tigers.