A&M offering Chavis?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Dec 21, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Throw Les a rope. He is in deeper shit.

islstl and shane0911 like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

KyleK likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If he didn't go to Texas or Georgia why on Earth would he go to A&M? That's even further from Tennessee.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Unless something has changed since early last week, Chavis isn't an option. A&M boards have been ripping Sumlin for wasting their time on long shots and it is hurting them with recruiting.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Chief to me, is the best DC in college football today. I know some don't like when I quote other college coaches, but I will. A couple weeks back I was with a college OC and his wife eating dinner. He said that he too thought that Chief was by far the best in college today. He use to coach against Chief when Chief was at Tenn. He told me Chief had weak players at certain positions, but you very seldom could exploit them.
    On the A&M job, Sumlins first year was his best. He has started to lose favor with some there at A&M, winning with Sherman's players? Where have we heard that one before? He should be able to get players there, UT is down, TT, etc.
    I don't see Chief moving, remember Chief is one that just wants to be a DC, no interest in a Head job.

Sourdoughman likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

He has been trying to find the right coach, but good coaches in good jobs won't move. Why leave a good thing for a job that might not be there next year. Hot coach to hot seat?

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I can't disagree with this as a blanket statement. I can say, that if this is true, then the beat DC in college football today has 2 losses to the gums squarely on his shoulders, both at home, games he simply pissed away because his brilliant game plan that worked splendidly for a combined 114 min got thrown out with the bath water.

I hope he stays, but I hope he forgets that dumb ass shit with a quickness.

KyleK likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Like I say, one DC gives up 530 yds and gets fired. One gives up 630 yards, and he's the best coach in college football today?

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Is it always on the coach's shoulders? Isn't it a possibility that the coaches, every now and then call all the right plays, do all the right things, the players just don't execute?

Sourdoughman, KyleK, msully and 2 others like this.