A Letter to TigerTap

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDieHard, Nov 5, 2017.

1. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I don't get involved in all the back and forth bickering and bitching that goes on ad nauseam in here but I do want to share with you where I stand on LSU's coaching situation which seems to be a neverending point of contention with you.

I supported and defended Coach Miles for 7 years. I think a lot of Tiger gans were unfair to him early on and he got a lot of undeserved criticism. I think he was a good man, a good coach, and a great recruiter. He brought a lot of NFL talent to Baton Rouge. But in his last four years the team was in decline and it was time for him to go. I wish he had adapted to a modern college offense and was still our coach but he refused to change. That's why he's no longer here.

Enter Coach O. I was not happy with the hire. I wanted Herman or Fisher and was angry that we didn't at least talk to Chad Morris or the equivalent when they didn't pan out. But O is who we got. I'm still not convinced he is the long term answer but he did a good job as interim and while this year start out abysmally (no excuse for the performance against Moo U or Troy), he has the team playing well at this point. A good coach will have his team playing playing better as the year progresses. As an LSU fan I will give him my support until he clearly proves he doesn't deserve it. Next year and the 2019 recruiting class will go a long way in answering that question.

You stated in another post that you came to the game thread and was objective. The one thing you don't exhibit is objectivity. You like Miles. Great, but that doesnt mean you have to dump on the current staff and team to make a point, ie beat a dead horse. You gloat in loses and bitterly trash victories. Let it go, man. You can still be fond of the Miles era and support the current team. When arguing you refer to the team as "you" instead of "we". That speaks volumes. If you feel you can't support LSU any more because of decisions you don't agree with then find another team. Or get behind this team. Either way, move on. It's been over a year. We get it. Let it go.

In the words of Coach O, " Geaux Tigers"

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

TigerTap had some vested interest in keeping Les. I don't know what that was, although I'm curious. Maybe he's some low-level journalist who thought he had some inside path to Les interviews or something? Maybe he's a relative? Maybe he got to stand on the sidelines during games and can't do that any longer? Whichever, the continuing bitterness doesn't make much sense otherwise. What's really ironic about this? Les Miles, himself, doesn't seem bitter about it.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well said. Agree with every sentence and mirrors my viewpoint exactly.

I’ve contributed to some of those back and forths lately, but won’t anymore.

six pack dan and Chipeace like this.
  4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I pretty much agree, but I am equally sick of the cyber tough guys here that for years have derisively referred to him as "Taint". That speaks volumes to the mentality of many here who are nothing more than cyber bullies.

There is a reason why I am almost never on this site anymore.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He said with his nose in the air.

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

No, it's not all TigerTap - the bickering and name calling that is. But it's his apparent hatred of all things LSU (except Les Miles) that is unbearable. I think I'm an unbiased observer and while TT does get it from all sides, he seems to troll for it. That's how it appears. And he seems to trash anything positive about the team just out of spite, not from constructive or objective observations. I've been on this site almost from the very beginning, and it's currently in dire need of some adult participation.

Pjoe, lsu-i-like, CaryLab and 4 others like this.
  7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I totally get it.

Your 'Bandit' avatar always signaled to me that what was written besides it was well thought out and insightful. I am appreciative of your contributions over the years.

I think I have been hanging around here for about 9 years - some years more than others. I think you astutely pointed out that TigerTap is fixated on an aspect of LSU football that is nothing more than the proverbial 'water under the bridge' and he needs to let go of the fact that the LSU ship sailed off and left Miles at a port of call earlier in the journey.

Adult participation is very much needed.

I also want to stress that I was not in any way lumping ParadiseiNC in with the crowd that my comments focused on. Just wanted to point out what I see as a problem here. ParadiseiNC is a great contributor here.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I appreciate your comments, but if I’m being honest, I’ve gotten sucked in by TT on more than one occasion, and have let my passion get the best of me. I need to stay above his trolling and not get angry. He’s not worth it.

Also, TT cyberbullies himself sometimes. He’s been brutal to @furduknfish lately, @Bengal B and @six pack dan . He dishes and thus receives. Add @Rex to that list. Basically, anyone who disagrees with him.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    shane0911, six pack dan and Bengal B like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The man just can't be reasoned with.

six pack dan likes this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I don't write pages of crap but I do come here to read what some of you do. @Taint takes away from that. When he cyber stalks your wife and makes comments about her race, let me know how you respond. I'll add that I truly believe the guy is deranged.

This was actually directed @Herb.