A Cross Section of 'Bama Fans' Comments Post Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gynojunkie, Nov 9, 2019.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

These were distilled from 17 thread pages on Tidefans.com. The good and the bad, the delusional and the intelligent. They are a lot like us. Really! I used boldface to highlight the gems.

Of interest, there is a rather striking lack of profanity, name calling and anatomically impossible exhortations.

Who knew?

Tidefans.com
    Re: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

Burrow should get the Heisman, he did excellent. And we battled back from all kinds of crazy 1st half stuff. On the bright side, we'll get an extra week to rest up and should be #4 in the playoff. Then we can win it all again by beating LSU in the championship game.

[They act like the just won the NC! LOL!]
    -- They did

The better team won and my hats off to LSU. I’m afraid our weak schedule helped create a mirage and made us look better than we really are. We have a very good team but right now at least we are NOT one of the top four teams in the country and will in all likelihood finish no better than third or possibly tied for second in the sec.

I don't really think LSU is a better team. They played better today in the first half, but if we play a complete game, I think we win. We just spent the entire first half sputtering around and making mistakes that cost us at least two touchdowns. That bogus "he was forced out" call was just another example of how bad SEC refs are.

The first half was a huge hole to dig out of. And, the defense just didn’t get the turnovers.
    I will say one thing though. Everyone was complaining that LSU held Auburn all game, and was never called. I didn’t watch that game, but it could not have been any worse than this one. I wonder what kind of bonus the refs get this year from LSU

1. Fumble inside the 10.
    2. 12 men on the field negates an INT. Drive led to a FG.
    3. Dickerson’s PF gave them the ball inside the 15 & an easy TD.
    4. Missed PAT
    5. Dropped snap on a punt. Led to a FG.
    6. Didn’t convert on a 4th and short near midfield (review notwithstanding of course)
    As you can see these unforced errors in the first half are worth at least 5+ points. I don’t buy into LSU is the better team. We couldn’t overcome the hole we dug ourselves. May sound like sour grapes but it is what it is.

My hat’s off to LSU.
    We couldn’t stop them. They made fewer mistakes. As much as it pains me to say this, they were the better team.

We fought hard to the end, but just dug too deep a hole in the first 10 minutes, and couldn’t stop them enough to dig out of it.
    You give up 46 points, you deserve to lose.
    Well done, LSU. Hope you go to New Orleans.

this loss is just like every one during the saban era, our team played poorly and lsu played great. i was proud of our comeback, just a bit short. our defense is nowhere as good as previous years, next year will even more challenging with all our losses. congrats to LSU , they played very well.

Because of our weakness on defense, I was assuming the game score would look like a B12 game and I was right. Our offense just wasn't clicking first half. Too many mistakes. "If we only played the first like the second" is a weak argument. The better team won today.

We can't play poorly and claim to be a great team. I'd like to make the playoffs, but this year's team has a lot of flaws.
    Congratulations LSU!

I think it will end-
    1. LSU
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4._______________
    What does the committee do?
    -If we win out, Bama has 2 or 3 wins vs. top 25 & a close loss to the #1 team.
    -I think we can get in if: OU drops another game. If they win the big 12 they will be a one loss conference champion. Or, if Baylor isn’t an undefeated conference champion. Both of those scenarios would put the big 12 rep in ahead of us. Same could be true for the PAC 12. But I don’t think the PAC 12 is in regardless of what happens. All of these scenarios are plausible for us to get in. All is not lost.

Nothing but congratulations to LSU. They played great. We made too many crucial mistakes to win against a really good team.

I just came from tiger droppings and I take back all the nice things I said about LSU. I hope they NEVER win another game against us. Can't post here what coach O was filmed saying in the locker room because it will get me banned, but yeah ... hope they never win another game against us ... ever.

Don't worry those dumb coonasses can't recruit or develop a quarterback. So unless they get another fully developed QB from somewhere else, they're gonna be back to looking impotent on offense again in 2020.

I watched the clock click away at the 4Q 8:17 mark while the team seemed to be in icing mode. Then they did it again the next play, finally choosing to end the misery with a timeout! I was - I am - dumbfounded. Team showed heart and as good as LSU and Burrow are, I'm not convinced LSU would win a Round II. But the time mismanagement and officiating is too much to stomach.

Tackling #22 was like tackling a bowling ball. Recruiting is like a chess match these days...

It would be quite beneficial, three one loss SEC teams will not help Alabama one bit, also if Alabama's biggest win is against a 4 loss Auburn team that won't help very much.

If this was the BCS I really wouldn't be that worried. I think the polls are going to give Alabama a lot of due respect, but the committee has their own way of doing things. I never agreed with their putting a two loss Auburn in their top 4, but they are going to do what they want. So, if they want to put two Big 10 teams in they will. If they want to put a one loss Pac-12 or Big 12 team in they will. The only thing I can hope for is that their choices are obvious enough that Alabama is the only viable choice.

Two short fields. One bogus TD. One fumble inside the 10. Penalty on the Int. And yet we kept it more than respectable. I saw kids hustling. Lack of experience is forgivable. LSU is riding a wave. But it won’t last. I believe that. For no other reason than it’s LSU.

GEAUX TIGERS!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

That was surprisingly even tempered for what I think of as AL fans. AL did show a lot of moxie in the second half. A healthy TUA might have given them just enough edge. I think a round II would be bloody. But without question, LSU was the better team today.

ParadiseiNC and gynojunkie like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Saban's post game comments he didn't give LSU any credit was all about we didn't play well. What an asshole!

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Thanks for compiling this. Always interested in seeing what the other team says. Surprised that there were that many giving us props.

By far, the best one is the Gump crying about the officiating. The team that benefits more from the officials then any other in the history of college football is crying. About calls that were obviously correct.

And I would love to see the video of Oeaux that got the one dude all fired up. Anyone know what he's talking about? Has to be good if dude doesn't want us to ever win another game.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Saban at one point went on and on about how effective our offense was and a challenge to defend, giving Burrow a ton of props.

Don't pay any mind to kikiminger

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

It was probably the locker room one where he said F*** Bama

lsu-i-like and geaux9 like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

https://www.instagram.com/midnight._.lsu/p/B4qoT7Ll6u9/caption/coach-o-is-the-goat

MeauxJeaux and LSUTiga like this.
  8. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Regardless of how we got to the result, BAMA fan should recognize that we came in there to their place and led wire to wire. We beat that ass tonight! That says a lot coming against this team at this time and these circumstances (8 losses in a row). Geaux Tigers

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly, plus all the hype leading up to 'The Game of the Century - Part II', Joe Burrow', and the 'new look LSU offense'. They were able to put all that aside and every time Bama scored, we fuckin answered in a hostile environment with unbelievable pressure. So hell yeah they should recognize and there's no doubt who the No.1 team in America is right now. Still a long way to go to 15-0, but we're going to enjoy this one for a minute.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

They see these as gimmes but playing against stiff comp is what caused them. Too many people discount that fact. In a way, we “earned” em.

gynojunkie, ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.