A battle of inept head coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 8, 2017.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Just saw Gary D state that if LSU would have been up against Vandy or Missouri this week, they may not have been ready to play, again. But up against Florida, who made them the homecoming team, got and focused their attention.

Uhmmm Don't like any of those announcers, but that is pretty astute!

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe not. Mark Richt isn't there anymore.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Doesn't matter they are still Georgia.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A week after losing to Troy they should have been ready to play even if the opponent was a high school team.

Pjoe and stevescookin like this.
  5. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

If they would have showed up flat against ANY team this week, we would have know that they have truly given up. They showed they are not ready to lay down, just not very good right now. Hopefully they will keep building on this win.

ROY_LA_CA, el005639 and stevescookin like this.
  6. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I have no doubts but even they may not be able to fuck up bad enough to let the Gaytards in.

7. LaSalleAve

I just meant from a national perspective. Florida is a terrible football team. Their coach is trash, Shannon is a good Defensive Coordinator though. I don't think Florida comes out of the East, I think it's Georgia, but they will find a way to screw up their national championship hopes before Atlanta.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LSU is almost a reflection of what Death Valley has become. Ho hum against everyone except Auburn, UF, Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia and Tennessee (when we play them). Get up for the big games, all the other contests are just meh.

ParadiseiNC and Pjoe like this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Is that really anything to brag about? How great of an accomplishment is it, when every team in that division is either average or sucks? Just look at how both SECCGs turned out. Neither were competitive in any way.

It reminds me of how the pumpers would bring up Miles' record whenever the negas posted about wanting him gone. 'How can we fire a coach who's won the SEC East in 2 of his first 3 years? What elite coach is going to want to come here if we fired someone with the success he's had'?

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

This is why I think any new AD needs to not only hire a top notch coach, but return Tiger Stadium to Death Valley, rather than Wine & Cheese Gallery. This needs to be priority simultaneous to a new HC, then the team will start playing inspired.

TigerTap likes this.