A battle of inept head coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

We looked more physical which is what we need to get back to if we are going to win. I would put that on O and the coaching staff as a positive. Also I would imagine the players who lead this team had something to do with that. The veterans know that high school effort is not going to get it done in the SEC and they have to set the example and impress on the freshman to be physical. This is a positive and as much as we bitch, they deserve credit for a move in the right direction.
    Our offense still does not have a capable quarterback but Etling played with heart, just missed some important passes that would have made the win a little easier. At least now we have something to build on and this will show what our coaching staff is made of it they can identify the positives and grow from there.

didit and el005639 like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Franks did exactly that not 2 weeks ago. Repeats like that rarely happen, but again, you don't give them the ball and you don't give them the chance of doing it again.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Butter teeth doesn't have the competition in the East that we have. Winning the East is not a badge of honor by any means. It finally
    Looks like Georgia is playing to its potential but for years they were underachievers...so that leaves Fl to win the East.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Their would have been less than 5 seconds left had we taken a knee three times. All you had to do was have your qb step back 4 or 5 steps delaying taking a knee each time. Do it one last time on 4th and the clock has run out.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

You act like that has meant anything in the last ten years...

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

In my long LSU memory I recall Texas A&M a long time ago throwing a miracle late pass to beat us, 18-13. I recall Ryan Mallet throwing a miracle last second TD against John Chavis that lost us one. I recall Iowa beating us in the Citrus Bowl with a miracle pass. I recall Devery Henderson beating Kentucky with a miracle pass.

I can't recall a single time when somebody beat us with a scoop and score, or where we beat them.

ROY_LA_CA and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wasn't worried about a scoop and score, but if that first play was fumbled (and that handoff wasn't a thing of beauty), then they have essentially 2 minutes to go down field for a fg.

kcal likes this.
  8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Taking a knee would not have put the game away. In the end, what Orgeron chose DID that.

All I'm saying is that either choice was strategically defensible, and to call him "inept" because you disagree with a strategically defensible choice is unfair.

9. didit

didit Veteran Member

And remember, if they throw a hail Mary and the shitty refs call p.i., they get one untimed down... I liked the way the game ended, 17-16 us...

mctiger likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Georgia will find some way to fuck it all up before the season is over.

Winston1 likes this.