A battle of inept head coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 8, 2017.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We triumphed. Somehow.

But yeah, risking a fumble on 3 successive running plays at the end of the game vs kneeling it has to make you wonder long term about the decision making in crunch time from this head coach.

I'd fire McIlwain first thing in the morning. If Florida knows what's best for them. He rivals Butch Jones as the most in over their head SEC coaches.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I think it's pretty well-established that decision-making isn't Orgeron's strong suit.

If that game went to OT as it should have, I don't think we win. Barely moved the ball for most of the 2nd half and Etling was hot garbage.

And Gator fans have been dying to get rid of McElwain. Problem is the guy keeps winning.

LSU_4_LIFE and BayouBengal014 like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Running on the last 3 plays was the right decision. Doing that allowed us to not give Fla a chance to get the ball back. They have a history of miracle hail Mary's. Had we sat in it they would had 10 to 15 sec.

Brian, tzanghi, didit and 8 others like this.
  4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

In his defense, it was done so we didn't have to give UF the ball back. As it was, we were only able to make it by about half a second. Taking 4 knees would have left them enough time for possibly 2 plays, plus, remember the Tennessee game?

Brian, LSU_4_LIFE, didit and 3 others like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Really? LSU has the same wins and losses as Fla and we beat them. He is not winning any more than us. We beat them on their home field with 4 freshman offensive lineman. Can you say Orgeron keeps winning? "Pretty well established that decision making is not Orgeron's strong suit", who established that? You? Jury still out on Orgeron for me too but your post is ridiculous. Move to Fla.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    didit, Rouxleaux and BayouBengal014 like this.
  6. lsudolemite

You can't risk a fumble and scoop-and-score. They don't get the ball back with enough time to get into FG range, and unless Aranda took a concession stand break, we're not giving up a Hail Mary.

islstl and HalloweenRun like this.
  7. lsudolemite

Yeah, really. McElwain has won the east the last two years. When Ed gets around to doing something similar here, let me know.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Did you see the video they showed earlier in the game, where their FG kicker hit an 80 yarder in practice? Why give that guy a crack at all?

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

McElwain to replace O!

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Would have rather seen a modified victory formation with de shuffling around then going down. Don't like risking the to