850 Billion Dollar Stimulus Package

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by PURPLE TIGER, Dec 17, 2008.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That you're a liberal. If it quacks like a duck...

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Rex is a liberal. Are you trying to tell me that you can't tell the difference? If so, the perspective from that far over on the right isn't very good. The moderates are to the left of you, too, you know.

I vote for a lot of Republicans for a liberal. I'm on the wrong side of gun control, military spending, medicare, and illegal alien control for a liberal.

Extremists seem to always want to inform me that I'm not a moderate. Why is that? How senseless is it to try to tell someone else what their position is? You think you're eventually going to convince me? :lol:

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's a lot of lipstick.

4. red55

That's your best response?

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Simple, for at least 8 years or since this forum has been in existence you blame republicans for everything bad and have ignored problems on the other side of the aisle
    The last time I read your posts you were still blaming the republicans for all problems and the democrat congress has been in power for 2 years.
    You always pointed out how badly Bush was while ignoring a democrat congress for 2 years.

No matter what happens its someone other than the democrats fault.
    That is what some see.
    Imho and probably a few others as well.
    It has nothing to do with who you voted for or what side of an issue you are on, it is perception.

6. red55

Where does it say that moderates can't blame Republicans. Republicans were in charge of some major failures, did you forget? I can make a long list. What democratic failures are you talking about?

Exactly. You believe what you want to believe. :lol:

7. Sourdoughman

No one said that moderates can't blame republicans.
    The problem that some might see is that all you blame are republicans.
    That may change over the next year, I don't know?:confused:
    No, I didn't forget but that isn't the point here.
    You don't have to make a list because all one has to do is search for most of your posts for the last 6 or 7 years in this forum.
    Again you ignore successes of republicans and blame them for everything.

Katrina, Freddie May and Fannie Mac for starters.
    I'm not going into this whole big argument with you.
    I don't have the time.
    Maybe someone else may chime in?
    I'm telling you that some here like myself are suspect of you because you always seem to be against republicans and pro democrat.
    You have bashed republicans for years and totally ignored democrats short comings.

You do too?
    So does everybody else?:confused:
    You say in your post that people or "extremist" want to say you aren't a moderate and I'm trying to explain to you why people suspect you may not be who you claim.
    It has nothing to do with me, really.:wink:
    I don't know why you would respond that way?
    It is the truth, It has nothing to do with your record, no one knows what that is other than what you have said for years here.

8. red55

I can show you posts where I have acknowledge Bush for his successes, few though they were. You just don't want to remember them.

Katrina? You don't want to go there, amigo.

Going to becoma another hit-and-run complainer?

You seem to think moderates must "bash" both parties equally. The fact is that the democrats have moved closer to center since the days of Jimmy Carter and they got most of the moderates votes last election. As long as the democrats stand closer to the center, they won't get as much criticism from the middle.

Suggesting that I'm a liar.

OK, you guys can go argue with yourselves.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Never said they did.

You're kidding!!! :thumb:

I don't think you read my posts very often. The only 2 areas where I would describe my positions as "well right of center" are my anti abortion stance, and my anti taxation/small government belief.

Most on this board label me as a liberal, or a Democrat. They don't read my posts either.

My point is that while you always assert to be a moderate independent that your posts come across like a liberal Democrat.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sourdoughman

No, I don't remember them because they probably were so few and happened maybe 4 or 6 years ago?
    Why is that so hard to believe?
    Perfect example, blame republicans for everything and ignore Blanco and Nagan's role.
    I don't resort to name calling, I was just trying to explain to you that some might think you are all about blaming one side and not the other.
    No, for the most part I try and stay away from this forum.
    People take things too personal and I don't like politics anymore, period.
    That is why you don't see me here very often.
    I never said that just like you are assuming that I called you a liar.
    That is the problem with message boards, people take things the wrong way or don't understand the context at which one writes something.
    So that gives you the license to bash one side, fair enough.

Again, I never called you that, if I wanted to call you a liar I would have.
    I'm not afraid to throw punches and get down in the gutter but I'm not doing that.

Again, It wasn't about me.
    You made the comments and asked the questions and all I tried to point out is that most of your posts are anti-republican and you are silent on the other side.
    It makes you look like you are totally for the left and their causes while being against the right.
    I said perception in my posts meaning it appears that you are that way.
    That is also why I said in my post that your posts may change over the next year.

End of Conversation, you wanted to end it so I'm glad its over!:insane: