850 Billion Dollar Stimulus Package

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by PURPLE TIGER, Dec 17, 2008.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

You know that's not what I meant. :rolleye33:

He bowed down and reneged. Its undeniable.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, then what did you mean? I see what you write but I can't read your mind.

Funny how I've been denying it for two days if it's undeniable. :lol:

And if you're going to toss off explicit terns like "undeniable" then don't apply them to euphemisms like "bowed down". It undermines your statement at the outset. :dis:

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

It's not. I have high hopes for him as well but have legitimate fear of our runaway congress. But apologizing for what he has already done or not done, well I just won't do that.

Completely agree. Sadly there were plenty of indications during the campaign that he was just another expedient politician. No real difference from any others we have presented to us. Sadly he swung the moderate vote by hammering home the point that he was not this way and would be resolute.

Either he has no will to stand up to congress, or their agenda mirrors his, and he is willing to kick back and let them do the dirty work. I have yet to decide which one applies.

Yes, he does, but is forced to spin off on meaningless tangents in order to divert from the true topic at hand.

Truth is, I don't get the impression this admin or congress has any more clue what to do than the last one. Neither Bush's or Obama's response has filled me with confidence.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Let me help, then. He meant Obama has the political power. His approval ratings are through the roof. For congress, not so much.

You can get cute with "separation of branches", but I refuse to believe you weren't smart enough to know what he meant.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Me either! :thumb:

6. red55

I said "I'm talking about Obama having any power to make Congress change its way of doing business instantly."

Then DRC said "He has the power, Red"

Well, he doesn't have the power to make Congress change their ways instantly. It's a fact. If DRC means something else he needs to say so.

7. red55

If you say so. I think it is "mere opinion on your part."

The remarks people are quoting date from the campaign, six months earlier! Try again.

Not one registered lobbyist has been hired. Not one.

So you're adding the stimulus package to Obama's deficit. Did you forget to add the Bush bailouts to his? Source?

You mean everything didn't go back to normal overnight? What an outrage! :insane:

If you don't want to talk about it, then don't. I'll talk about whatever I damn well please.

:huh:

Obama must sign the bill for it to pass, but he can't write it, he can only pass or not pass. I've got it straight.

:huh:

So you say. If you can't make your case, you simply try to discredit your opponent. I'm getting tired of this.

And your rants are quite tiresome. You can't conduct a simple argument without making personal remarks. You are not calmer than anybody.

8. red55

He's not. People are throwing hissy fits on this thread.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

LOL...you know I mean in the national media...but don't ask me for a link, just use your memory. You had to have noticed.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Power = VETO + HUGE public opinion on his side. He has the political power to carry out his mandate and you know thats what I meant.

Nice dance though. :lol: