60's Rock Trivia

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by HatcherTiger, Jul 17, 2006.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

You also have to acknowlege the sheer luck (thanks to Brian Epstein) of the Beatles running into George Martin @ EMI's Parlophone. Interesting that there were rumors that EMI was in the process of shutting down Parlophone right @ the time the Beatles hooked up with George Martin. And the rest is history !!

2. HatcherTiger

" I am bigger than the Beatles ever were or could have been "

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is true. Engledinck Humperbert is 6-2.

Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison are 5-11 and Ringo is 5-8. :grin:

4. HatcherTiger

Let's see if we can keep this going. Name a Beatles song that was credited to all four Beatles ?

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Is it Dig it? That really isn't a song? It's a track though, I guess?

6. HatcherTiger

No that is actually credited to John. What a classic ending: " That was 'Can You Dig It' by Georgie Wood, now we'd like to do 'Hark The Angels Come' " John had a great sense of humor.

Its "Flying" on Magical Mystery Tour which orginally had a working title of "Aerial Tour Instrumental" It was diplomatically credited alphabetically as "Harrison / Lennon / McCartney / Starkey " This was the first song to be composed jointly by all four. Also the first Beatles instumental to be released by EMI, the group had recorded another one in 1961 in a session with Tony Sheridan, I believe they are credited there as "The Beat Brothers" but I'm not positive. Incidently, the Beatles had recorded another instrumental "12 Bar Original" during the 1965 Rubber Soul sessions but it went unreleased. How's that for Beatles trivia ?

NEXT: Who is the song "Dear Prudence " about ?

7. DallasLSU

Easy one...Mia Farrows sister Prudence. They both went with the Beatles to India and Prudence was scared to leave her hut or whatever. John sang this to her to try and calm her down.....

This is an easy one, what two songs should have been on Sgt. Peppers but ended up being singles instead?

8. HatcherTiger

'Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane ' released on February 17, 1967. Both ended up on Magical Mystery Tour. Strawberry Fields is a very interesting song. Its actually "two" versions of the same song that were joined together. The beginning is lighter whereas the second part is an intense scored version. The edit can be found / heard 60 seconds into the song after one of the "take me down" lines. WARNING: If you find it, the song may never sound the same again to you ! Thankfully, I've lost my ear for when it occurs.

What is Paul's middle name ?

9. DallasLSU

I love Strawberry Fields. I think, in a way, that was the beginning for Lennon. He wrote some awesome stuff pre-that, but after it is when he he came out with such gems as "I am the Walrus," "Glass Onion," "Revolution," and "All you need is Love." But, I didn't know that about the song....I'll listen to it again...

No idea Paul's middle name? What is it?

10. DallasLSU

I've got one for you...In Eleanor Rigby, Paul wrote about "Father McKenzie." Who did he originally have in that line, but changed it in fear it would freak that person out?