6 Fox Analysts pick their CFB Playoff predictions. What do they all have in common?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Nov 6, 2019.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Take a look at that board. If Reggie Bush is right, probably not, then can you imagine the reaction around the country and in the media? Head’s will explode. Two teams from the SEC and two teams from the Little-10 in the CFP at the exclusion of three other Power 5 conferences? Of course, I will LMAO, but I would have to continue to shut the media off in that scenario.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Herbstreit said that a close loss by LSU keeps them in it, but an Alabama loss probably takes Alabama out of it.

I agree.

didit likes this.
  3. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

It's obviously not going to actually happen, but it would immediately cause an 8 team play off with autobids for the P5 conference winners. Which would honestly be pretty great.

ParadiseiNC and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. didit

didit Veteran Member

For us and bama to make it in, they're basically saying that we lose close this week and bama beats the dawgs in sec championship game... If bama loses at home this week they don't get in...

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I do too. Dropping them a spot in the first week of the rankings demonstrates the committee will hold them to their schedule. More so than the AP or the coaches. Though the same thing can't be said for Clemson, who cares?

6. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

The loser this weekend will have to look solid in a close game, then dominate the rest of the schedule for that to happen. Personally I would rather mop the floor with Bama then have the war chickens beat them again so little Nicky has no way to talk himself into another playoff.

ParadiseiNC, Bengal B and el005639 like this.
  7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

As much as I would like that to be true, I’m not buying it. Everyone in the nation has a love affair with Bama. I think they would get in on reputation alone.

el005639 likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I disagree with the belief that there is such a love affair. I think it is quite opposite in that there is more gump fatigue than ever. Credit bama for building a dynasty, it was earned, but folks are tired of the same old script which, is repeated here ad nauseam. I mean really, if not us, then its anybody but bama. The rest of the world is catching on.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I think you’re right, but I think we’re talking about two different things. I think America hates Bama, so love affair was probably a poor choice of words on my end. But I think everyone in America just believes that they are far and away the best team because they have played so well in the recent past. So even with a loss to LSU and the fact that America doesn’t want to see them win, I think the committee will still be stuck under the “Bama is Great” spell.

10. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

This is not Bama's best team of the last 10 years it is arguably the worst but still good enough to go undefeated the way schedule plays out for them.

Their defense can be scored on but their receivers are the best they have had in a while.

This isn't just 1 versus 2. This is to see who the SEC west belongs to for the upcoming years. Saban years are coming to the end. Don't know exactly when but you can see the stress he puts on himself.

It is time for LSU to step up and lead the conference for awhile.

ParadiseiNC, Winston1 and tzanghi like this.