50 Tomahawk Missles Flying

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

BS nothing Obama did deterred Assad. Assad may have been testing Trump but Obama's complete surrender of the initiative to Putin allowed Assad to recover from imminent collapse to being on the offensive.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So here is a good question. What the hell does the United States do now when it comes to Syria? An even better question is what the fuck is Saudi Arabia doing. What the fuck is Turkey doing and what the fuck is Jordan doing. It's not always our job to police the world. Syria is a neighboring country of Jordan and Turkey and pretty damn close to Saudi Arabia. This is their back yard. They need to handle this shit and the United States could help from an advisory standpoint. Seriously, why the hell don't we put pressure on these countries to handle the shitty house in their neighborhood?

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I tend to agree LaSalle. The poor performance by the Arab states (nothing new of course) is a stain. They should be helping with refugees at least. Again what can be done now is much more restricted that even 5 years ago before Putin put Russia in the middle. Likewise Obama's weakness let him be played by Iran to get the shit deal on nuclear weapons. This also puts Iran in the middle of the support of Assad. Now the Arab states risk war with Iran and Russian support on Assad makes anything they do a real gamble.
    Anytime a sore is allowed to fester it will get gangrenous and that's what happened in Syria. There is no good way out.....just like the rest of the ME.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

you know, about 6 months go i was having dinner with a Tunisian co worker and he stated flatly that the war in syria is the CIA and Mosad's doing. shit like whats found in the article only serves to strengthen thier conviction, that real problem is not the hard line muslims its our meddling in their shit that is the problem...

Winston1 likes this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

When has an Arab NOT blamed Israel? Not that I'm in love with Israel, but, sorry, I don't trust a Tunisian to be knowledgeable and unbiased. This Syrian conflict is not of Mossad's doing but a result of common people wanting to do away with Assad and Russian domination over their lives... plus ISIS... war sometimes makes for uneasy bedfellows. American powers-that-be have no problem watching their Raytheon shares rise in value, either.

7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

you miss the point, i don't really care what the Tunisian's opinions were. my point is the article paints a picture where people he listens to can say, "there is your proof". we should be more careful you we go to bed with.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

It wasn't the first one he missed.

Bengal B likes this.