50 Tomahawk Missles Flying

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Well, look what the cat dragged in.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well @Rex That action was a start in restoring American standing after the craven and. Useless pussyfooting by his predecessor. Most of Obama's foreign policy team cheered when Trump finally acted. It wasn't the damage that was important; it was the statement. DO NOT USE CHEMICAL WEAPONS.
    If Trump is to be believed it was solely to impress Assad that using chemical weapons is verboten.
    Obama frittered away any opportunity to impact the civil war and I'm not for getting involved. However any use of chemical weapons should receive an immediate response. The best we can hope for is to create some safe space for refugees. There will be no good outcome anytime soon. Hopefully Trump is smarter than W and HRC. and doesn't get us in another quagmire.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I agree that it was political. Let's not forget the Chinese are in town at Mar-a-Lago so it served a shock and awe moment in front of guests.

I've said it before, the US gubment needs 2 things to gain public support in these situations....an emotional cause and someone to blame. A million or so innocents have died in Syria but somehow 70 women and children get gassed and we send in the Tomahawks. It's a horrible way to die for sure but why it hit the jackpot, when we've treated the million others like chum, I don't know. And of course, we have Assad, the bigger-eared cocksucker, to blame.

And as we discuss options for the dear one, do we believe that our missiles will only hit the bad guys?

This missile attack may have made some people feel better but strategically, it was stupid.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

:rolleyes:

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Don't President's typically need congressional approval for this sort of thing?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It wasn't meant to win anything. It was a show of force to let Assad know what the possible consequences are if he continued to use chemical weapons.
    Just a small demonstration of our power. If Obamahammed was still in office Assad would have nothing to fear but the wild card here is that with Trump
    he can't be sure that the next volley of Tomahawks won't be aimed right up his ass.

No. You are confusing a presidential power to respond to to situations with military force in a limited way with an actual declaration of war, which would
    require the approval of congress.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Didn't take long for "Russians" again.

I also love the mentions form the left and unaware folks that the base is still operational. We targeted sites of chemical weapons.

This points to the larger picture of why I didn't even want Trump to do this in the first place. Nothing he does will be the "right" call. If he does nothing he would be a pussy like Obama and a Russian plant.

If he does anything it won't be enough and will be the sole blame for an already fucked ME region.

tirk likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Nope. 100% legal. Congress is only needed for a declaration of war. Case closed.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

LOL

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Really? Why wasn't aimed right up his ass THIS time? I'll tell you why.... that's not what Putin had in mind.