50 Tomahawk Missles Flying

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Apr 6, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know he got Putie's approval first.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Link??

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Throughout history regimes faced with internal strife, have sought an external target upon which to focus their populace. We have not been more divided, as a country for a long, long time. This episode is right out of the historical playbook.

No one approves and every one abhors chemical weapons, but this relatively modest response puts us on a slipprty slope.

If Russia retaliates, in support of their ally, they go after one of the DDs that shot the "Tommy hawks." A CVN is not far beyond that, and I am afraid, if that goes, the world is done.

Someone needs to be playing the game four or five moves out. Doubt they are. Hope this turns out OK.

New subject: Just saw a smokin hot Swedish policewoman on TV. Frisk me roughly!

shane0911 likes this.
  4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Great post Winston. This is the key point. I would argue that Bannon's eviction may have caused him to come to terms with the US role in world affairs. I always had high hopes for Kushner being the voice of reason and after a few bumps it turns out he may be just that.

Look, no one wants to be the world's police but that's what we are. It's like Don Corleone or any real life mafia guy. When someone has a problem, they go to him because he's the baddest guy on the street. And if he wants to remain the baddest guy on the street, he has to mediate these things. This doesn't mean we have to get in a war in Syria, we just have to keep things in order over there. When they get out of order, we slap them around.

Look at the timeline. Assad felt emboldened after Trump's poor comments last week about him. He goes and uses chemical weapons in his civil war. Trump gives a no comment comment essentially, and then, after Bannon is fired, goes on the attack about how this action won't be tolerated and even gives a little dig at Russia. If Trump is innocent of collusion with Russia, this is a great move. If he's guilty, this could be trouble. Putin then basically dares Trump to do something thinking he's weak as he has been so far. Trump makes the right call and responds with a measured attack on the air force base in Syria.

This doesn't mean we're at war, but it does mean that Trump realizes you can't be an isolationist or not worry about global affairs and maintain your spot at the head of the table. It will be interesting to see how his supporters react. This is another deviation from his campaign message. It's the right move but I doubt his base will see it that way. Although, there seems to be virtually nothing he can do to make them turn on him.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Russia won't retaliate. Syria's not that important to them to attack the US. That's an absurd notion.

Please send link to Swedish Policewoman.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

How has he been weak? This was his first international test and you say he passed yet has been weak?

Oh, because he didn't blame Russia for our elections? Why would he? Its a silly non-sequitur.

Perple likes this.
  7. HalloweenRun

She was on TV.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The only solution is to create a ME glass factory. Outside of that, nothing we do is going to fix shit.

So we Topple Assad, Isis rapes kids. Whats worse?

HalloweenRun and shane0911 like this.
  10. HalloweenRun

I have been stating for years that we need to "blacktop" the whole area, but glass works, too. Getting the hell out of the Mideast is why energy independence is so important. No need for oil, no need to care. We sure as hell have no chance to solve any aspect of it.

el005639 likes this.