5* QB Gunner Kiel headed to Notre Dame

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 16, 2012.

1. JD J.D.

JD J.D. flawlessly humble

There are more and more reports about this, including on NBC (Gunner Kiel getting cold feet over LSU?)

Gunner Kiel getting cold feet over LSU? | CollegeFootballTalk

This would not necessarily be disasterous from a personnel standpoint with Mett, Rivers and possibly Randall on board, but it could be a huge blow psychologically to our recruiting as things head down the final stretch.

If this happens, I can easily say that I have never seen one loss create so much havoc on one program (or at least so much bad news follow one loss). I find it hard to beleive that had LSU won with style, this would be happening.

Maybe it is just a case of a kid's parents wearing him down to stay closer to home - if so, I hope Kiel says this publicly.

2. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

But on a lighter note, I did find this escape goat in the comments to the NBC story:

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh that is rich

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Well, I won't take it personally. Football wise, we should be fine. We have a few other talented (and young) QBs on the roster, this isn't like 2008.

5. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

I agree. Let the punk go.

6. ASD

ASD ASD

Gotta respectfully disagree with you on this one Cajun. I think this is absolutely directly related not just to Miles but possibly to what happened within the team. It's always hard to get a kid away from home but you can't convince me that after what CLM sold the Kiel family, they had to be highly concerned and even shocked at how the BCSNCG played out. I'm also still not convinced that at the heart of all these rumors, there is some truth. This is what happens when your team can't throw for 100 yards and it looks like your own coach is just as determined to stop your offense as the opposing D. it is what it is.
    If you are Kiel, can you blame him?? I can't. Not really. It's disappointing to say the least but shouldn't affect us this year as it's Mett's team anyway but this is a huge loss and CLM really has no one to blame but himself. Not Jefferson or Stud. CLM. He is still our guy but this is one of the ripples of the complete meltdown on the 9th. This is just my opinion guys and I'm not trying to be a nega-tiger. This is the reality of the situation. If we would have lost by a field goal or even been able show even the SLIGHTEST resemblance of a passing game, we wouldn't have this fallout. That's how bad we screwed the pooch on the 9th.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If I had a highly touted qb for a son, with a possible future career as a professional, I wouldn't send him anywhere near LSU's campus until they can show that they can develop a quarterback.

8. ASD

ASD ASD

And why do we immediately resort to calling this kid names or pretending that we are better off without him. That is lunacy and it ignores our own issues. The problem lies not with the Kiel family. If you are a 5 star QB making the biggest decision of your life, after watching the big game and many others I might add, you may not believe CLM like you did when he was in your living room.

9. ASD

ASD ASD

I agree. It hurts me to say it everybody but it is the truth. We win while somehow STILL doing as bad a job developing qb's as anyone in the country

10. ASD

ASD ASD

It's scapegoat. Not escape goat.

Scapegoating (from the verb "to scapegoat") is a recent coinage for the practice of singling out any party for unmerited negative treatment or blame