5* QB Gunner Kiel headed to Notre Dame

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 16, 2012.

1. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

they played for # 3 and # 4 in the country. that's better than 99% of country, so they can compete. furthermore, if you look at andrew luck's rivals page and they compare him to other qb's coming out of high school then, guess who they compared him to? jordan jefferson. my oh my, how the development differed between those two future college players.

and i read the whole thing. it didn't make sense. EVERY school, big and small, have a few sprinkled here and there. look at the schools most of the saints offensive linemen came from. what i am saying is, if you think notre dame doesn't have the ability to compete for a national championship again then i say you are dead wrong!

2. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

So mote it be. We'll overcome. Again, no one ever heard of Matt Mauch or Matt Flynn. And they wanted to come to LSU and simply did what they had to do and what was expected of them. No fan fare. No Hollywood. No great expectations. No spotlight on themselves. Just young men who knew what commitment meant and they stuck with it. Hope Gunner has a good career playing for ND and realizes how many NC games he won't contend for. Nice weather up there, too, playing against Connecticut, Rice, and Navy. Go Irish.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

matt mauch skipped kindergarden.

Honestly though, who can blame the kid if he's serious about putting up numbers to increase his draft position. Attempting 19 passes per game is not a fast track to the NFL.

4. rachellsu01

rachellsu01 Im gone people, its been fun

I just think it sucks that we lost a kid who wanted to come here for one who couldnt leave home....

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yep i think thats the worst part. we screwed over a dude then got screwed by the dude we screwed him over for.

karma is a bitch i suppose.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Thats recruiting, happens every year. Better get use to it, if you're gonna follow recruiting.

With the 85 limit, you try and keep a full roster, we played 82 players, we have W/O's that want to be at LSU. We return a good group, the QB position will be an upgrade. How many thought: OBJ and Williford would be starting by years end? How good Wing was gonna be? Hilliard would get as much playing time? Freak, Hilliard, Martin, Rasco, Landry and Magee all playing as True Freshmen?

These are the Golden Years at LSU, I've seen the other side.:(

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

This.

Gene, Tell Zach's family we are all behind him 100%!!!

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Scott Van Pelt just said Gunner went backwards on the food chain choosing ND over LSU... lol.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Lots of coaches moving around at ND, two years of 8-5. Stability not looking good there. Loss in the Champs Sports Bowl?

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

All I can say is...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_5sQyHnbY4]Dennis Hopper - Best performance - YouTube[/ame]