5* QB Gunner Kiel headed to Notre Dame

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 16, 2012.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

No freakin' kidding.

2. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

LSU will be fine. The passing game next year is going to be excellent. Mett suffered through a hs career with the most incompetent athletic department I've ever seen, so he was a diamond in the rough waiting to be coached up. That started to happen at UGA, took hold big time at Butler and has continued under Krag. He's excellent at finding the soft spots in a defense, and when he makes his decision, he throws darts. Another strength is putting the ball where only the receiver has a chance at it.

I'm pumped for next year.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

And the Boy Wonder speaks
    quote:
    "Coach Kelly was great throughout my recruitment, as many times our conversations had nothing do with football. That really showed me he had my best intentions in mind. He was persistent yet also patient while recruiting me and I look forward to playing for him the next four years. I couldn't be happier to be a member of the Fighting Irish football team. I'm excited about the future of the program."

quote:
    Kiel said the three elements in his decision were academics, distance from home and his comfort level with the players and coaches.

quote:
    Kiel: "There were three critical elements I was looking for ... Notre Dame was the perfect fit for me because it hit all three areas.

quote:
    Gunner Kiel: "This recruitment process was a roller-coaster ride at times, but I know I have made the right decision for my family and me."

4. brandonwinmill

brandonwinmill Founding Member

I was told his family thought that he was good enough for the starting role to be handed to him. I guess he was threatened by our other qb's. What hurts is that 4* lineman that walked and went to Auburn could have had Gunner's spot. Double whammy!

5. TexasTigers

Three weeks ago
    "Meeting with coach Miles and (quarterbacks) coach (Steve) Kragthorpe kind of sealed the deal for me," Kiel told The Indianapolis Star Tuesday. "Having a chance to meet the coaches and the guys on the team gave me a good feeling about it. I woke up Friday morning and told my parents what I wanted to do. Everything happens for a reason, and I think this was God's plan for me."

Huh.....

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Just heard that he had his bags packed and was leaving to jump on the flight and boom he breaks down and decides it was too much to leave his family. Just like that and now we have the spot left for another early enrollee.

I wonder if we can offer that spot to someone else who may be still looking for an early home.

7. TexasTigers

Huh. That is exactly what my 5 year old did on her first day of kindergarten.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

right, the its not you its me routine.

Gunner let us down easily.

At least he didnt hurt recruiting more by telling everyone the truth.

that the NC game certainly was too much to stomach for him and his family.

i understand completely gunner.

props on texastigers for knowing how to spell kindergarten. I would have lost a 20 on that.

9. TexasTigers

Ahh now we begin to attack each other.. Awesome....

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ok so maybe it came off as underhanded but wasnt intended.

we had a chick here who taught kindergarten who spelled it kindergarden.

lighten up, sweet pea.