5* QB Gunner Kiel headed to Notre Dame

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

No need to start calling this kid and his family names. From everything said about them, they are a good family and he is a good kid.

Want to blame someone? Blame the LSU fans who can't wait to knock Les Miles publicly anytime the team has a disappointing performance and are obsessed with which QB is playing and the notion that we "can't develop" QB's, etc. Congratulate those fans for ensuring that their self-fulfilling chicken little prophecies come true.

If this had anything to do with the one bad game we had this year it was not with the game itself (otherwise why pick Notre Dame?) but with the urban myth created solely by some LSU fans that Les Miles is a terrible coach who ruins QBs.

Look around the NFL landscape. It's true there are no QBs from LSU that are currently starting in the NFL, but neither are there any from ND, Alabama, and many many other top programs.

Publicly calling these people names does nothing but make them feel not welcomed here if Kiel is still thinking about possibly coming here. We'd all feel pretty foolish if he showed up today and the delay in him appearing was due to moving logistics.

2 people like this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not if he's thinking he is an NFL caliber QB and is looking long term.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree 100%. As disappointed as I am he has to do what he thinks is best for him just Like LSU did with Miller.
    On this I disagree 100%! You couldn't possibly be more wrong if you tried. There is no myth, what LSU fans have been pointing out is the glaring obvious. What highly touted pro style QB wants to play on an offense that has no clue how to throw the football? What highly ranked QB with NFL aspirations wants to go to a team that has shown no ability to develop a QB or come up with an offensive game plan that uses his talents? What young recruit that thinks he is good wants to go to a team where he sees all players are not treated equally and where he may not be given a fair chance to compete for the starting job?

I really like Miles, but he has failed miserably at putting an SEC caliber QB on the field. He has shown no ability to recruit or develop QB's. He also has shown an affection for QB's that rely more on the run than the ability to read defenses and throw the football to open WR's. Those aren't myths, they are facts. Kiel may have based his decision on distance and not any of the facts I've mentioned, but that changes very little for LSU. LSU fans don't need to tell the world what they all saw with there own eyes this season. Just like the time management issues until Miles fixes the problem it will be debated. Blaming LSU fans for Miles failure with QB's is ridiculous to say the least.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Like I said earlier, screw him. Hope he doesn't like to play for championships. Because he damn sure isn't going to compete for one at Notre Dame. He probably just thinks that he will have a more direct line to the NFL playing for a crappy team like Notre Dame, when all he will have to do is play against Military schools, and BYU, and terrible defenses that Notre Lame faces every year.

5. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

In my opinion Kiel took a good hard look at how Miles runs his offense, big fan of the 2 QB system, and said "No thanks". Personally I don't blame him AT ALL. He was probably looking at our roster, with Jarard Randall, and saw the potential for another 2 QB disaster like the one we just experienced. I hope all of this is not true, but from his standpoint I totally understand.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think you are taking us for granite.

7. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

and how do you know he won't play for championships? if there is one school in this country that can change its direction it would be ND. for a large part the name and history of the school speaks volumes. all it will take is a coach like saban to sign on, like he did with LSU, to revive a potential powerhouse.

as for GK, it's been every fans nightmare since the dismal showing in the ncg that he'd reverse course. well, our well founded fear has become reality. the ncg just brought more to light that our QBs do not progress with experience and that maybe the most talented QBs get buried on the depth chart purely due to age and experience. until we give every QB an equal chance to start, no matter what age or experience level, LSU will have the same taste in the mouths of potential recruits. the way this season played out reinforced those thoughts.

it's time for a change in thinking from our coaches, especially CLM.

8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

First off recruiting is a dirty game. I dont think its a classy move at all by Kiel or his family. That said, LSU has only LSU to blame for losing out on Miller. Miller committed quite a while back, Im sure with the plan of enrolling early. LSU then tells him we have 6 guys that are more important so they can enroll early but you cant. Thats life, but still a douche move by LSU to do to Miller and his family.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would bet both nuts that Notre Dame doesn't compete for a championship for the rest of my life. Why? Because they cannot get the athletes to play defense. They will never in my lifetime compete for a championship, I would bet the farm on it. The academic restrictions ensure that Notre Dame will never get beef on the D Line, will never have enough bad ass players on defense to beat good teams. They may get a few sprinkled here and there, but never enough.

The days of the Golden Domers being legit are over.

10. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

that's what most thought of stanford and their academic requirements, too. look where they are. why? jim harbaugh. if they recruit the best and brightest players, no matter the ethnicity, the same goes for ND. as for bad ass defensive players, maybe you should educate yourself on one Manti Te’o. he's possibly the most professional ready LB in the country and he's coming back for his senior season.