5* CB Elias Ricks commits to LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Dec 25, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

If you're talking about Adam Maya....I refrained from asking here when he originally went there because it looked like click bait to me.

A few other people, non-official though, are now saying there are a few issues going on. First of all, Mater Dei isn't where he started so they would have to accept all credit he attempted to transfer in there and I'm not sure that has happened as of yet. LSU may be waiting for that information before deciding if/how they will make room. I know he still has contact with USC coaches and seems to like Coach Burns. Burns was in charge of our secondary in 2003-2004 and coached 10 future NFL players, including Troy Polamalu and Terrell Thomas. He left and then came back in December after we fired Ronnie Bradford.

I guess it depends on how much he wants to play this fall and if he doesn't reclassify, he'll be sitting and watching from Santa Ana. I would expect to see him on the Coliseum sidelines at least once. It could get ugly interesting. Burns and Orgeron know each other because Ed was there in 2003-4.

Brian likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't think you can if you signed a full class for 2019. It's different than making room on the roster in general. How many spots did you have available to fill and how many signed LOI's?

Although I think he could blueshirt and you could find someone to jettison.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Blueshirt. That's a Miles problem LSU should never have to resort to, but here it is

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

@uscvball

I know you know and S Wolf. Wat up with this?

I read he’s a great recruiter. Is it true the top guys on USCs front 7 are the guys he recruited?

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Back in the day no one wanted Ed Orgeron around here because he was a walking recruiting violation. I have no doubts the angry midget to the east could figure it out, im sure O can as well.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think Scott Wolf is pretty much scum-of-the-earth but outside of that, if Ed is looking to hire Kenechi, I think it's great. I got nothing but love for him. He had a struggle with cancer that he overcame and he spent a lot of his time out in LA recently talking to kids at the hospital who have cancer. I think he's an outstanding recruiter because he knows how to connect with the kids. I don't think he did a great job coaching the line, but I think they made him stay up in the booth and that's not where he does his best work.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah I thought so but wasn’t going to put that out in the net.

Thanks for the other info.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's not a secret. Pretty much the only one who disagrees is Wolf.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

And Eldrick

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

BTW, I think he'll be an "analyst" the same way sardrunkian was an "analyst" for nick on his first go round.

Brian, LSUTiga, kcal and 1 other person like this.