$4.5M a year...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Nov 14, 2015.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Yet we've lost to Bama 5x in the last 4 seasons, and Miles is 6-5 vs. Ar-Kansas... at what point is his seat hot as hell?

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I have to believe it is hot tonight.

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

It's getitng a lil warm but with his buy out, he may unfortunately be safe.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

LSU football brings in enough money to have his bags packed and dumped at the Arkansas border. I say give the doofus his buyout and say good riddens. Started out 7-0 and we'll be lucky if we don't finish 7-4.
    Losing is one thing, but losing with a run run pass punt mentality isn't going to cut it, LSU isn't even competitive anymore. We're like the Pre-'07 Tide, the eyes are glazed over by the 4th, and the Tigers are just giving up.

ParadiseiNC and Tiredoflosing like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

True, but they are not willing to part with it. We are stuck with this fool for a few more years.

6. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

He's safe...you do know our AD don't you? The only hope is the the boosters putting pressure.

7. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Unfortunately you are correct!

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I guess LSU is now a track school.

Richdog likes this.
  9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Not sure which thread is the best for this --
    Since the 2011 championship game, LSU has lost a lot of underclassmen to the NFL draft. Other SEC teams have too, but not nearly as much as LSU. Seems like Bama always has a 5th year senior at QB; from what I can recall from last week, Bama's defense is mostly seniors, and perhaps their OL as well. That for sure makes a big difference.

So here's what I'm wondering:
    • Why does LSU lose so many underclassmen? Is it because of Miles and the coaching? Is it because they know they're NFL talent, and that's the time to go? Is it because they don't think they'll win a NC with Miles as coach (if that's the case, then why sign to play at LSU)? Is it purely selfish reasons in that they come to play at LSU knowing there's a good chance of being drafted, and they don't care about winning championships in college?
    • Why don't other schools, SEC and otherwise (but mainly SEC) lose as many underclassmen to the NFL?
    • I can't recall, but have former LSU players badmouthed Miles? I can only recall former players saying good things about him, but maybe I've missed something.
    Regarding this topic, sure, it's not the only reason we're angry and frustrated concerning underachieving LSU teams, but it is a huge factor.

I would really like to hear more thoughts on this topic.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Deep down I know we stuck with him, that he isn't going anywheres, but I hope for the best.