#3LSU v #1ALA Official Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ParadiseiNC, Nov 3, 2018.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Let me make this clear I have never called for a coach at LSU to be fired.I have never called for a LSU coach to be fired. Not even Les Miles.. Do I disagree with them from time to time hell yes i do. This is a place to voice your opinion.

And if you never run mis direction to counter pursuit they don't respect it. Even bama.

I have listed things we can do to improve our calling plays. When you are getting dominated on oline maybe just maybe you roll your qb out and give him options. I think I remember once early in game and we completed short pass..

When you are outgunned their are things you can do to counter what was happening to our oline. We didn't run much but we didn't get the corner with our running backs they just ran sideways. You aren't going to make first downs that way. I could be wrong but I don't think we ever gained a yard.

Hell you can disagree with me all you want. You call me an idiot and I don't know football then which one of us is the idiot is up for discussion.

you want to talk and disagree that's what were here for and I have no problem. you want to ignore me. go ahead. But if you want to talk x's and o's tell me where and how long and I ll be there. The biggest regret I have in my life was not becoming a coach because it was the family business.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I've calmed down. Its real simple we dont have players yet especially on the 0L which makes our offense look bad at times. Bama magnifies that by a factor of 10. My frustration with you guys is that you blame this all on E and its just wrong. I am not going to go into all the reasons why I think y'all are wrong you have read my reasons. The fear is that talk of replacing E will drive recruits away. Bigger faster and more athletic players will solve everything. That along with a year of E working with Jeaux, the recievers and rb's and restocking our OL.

Sorry for the name calling.

HalloweenRun and LSUTiga like this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Preach on brother.

CalcoTiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. CalcoTiger

I know what you are saying. Kiki But I don't expect Coach O to be perfect. I disagree with taking the ball. The fact is we won the toss and it was our option of what to do. Ok that's fine but do you agree with the decisions at the end of first half that instead of 9-0 it was 16-0 just because we didn't kill the clock when we could have.

We made mistakes and I can accept that and we made some good decisions too. But in a game like that we had to make all the right moves and we didn't.

We lost and I can deal with that and everyone here is disappointed. But the way I was taught you cant improve if you continue to make the same mistakes. Learn from them and don't make them again.

Saban doesn't make many bad decision's and I hate the sob but he is a great coach.

I will tell you a story of what happened to me at a Golden State Warrior Game a few years ago. It was toward the end of the game and I was wearing my LSU jacket. The guy in front saw me and we started talking football as he was a Notre Dame fan. We were having a good conversation and his buddy turns around and out of the blue screams LSU sucks. First words he said. I went from calm to pissed in less than a second and I asked him who he pulled for and he said USC. He was early thirties and I said I want to know what kind of USC fan you are. I asked him when the last time LSU and USC played. He didn't know. I told him 1984 and the score was 28-21 LSU it was played in USC stadium. I asked him what the time before that when we played. He didn't know and I told him 1979 the score was 19-14 USC won in tiger stadium. it is known as one of the best games in tiger stadium history.

I said let me tell you something bandwagon. If your gonna be a fan of a team take the time to know your stuff. I said your bandwagon and I can make you look even more stupid but I can see you don't know anything about your team. So why don't you just leave bandwagon. His friend just turned to him and said you started it. Take your buttwhipping.

I probably should have let him go but I don't let anyone disrespect the LSU Tigers.

When you call someone fairweather or names like that you better mean it and know your stuff. Cause that is a disrespect to anyone. Don't worry I have thick skin but I think you should be careful with the words you choose and myself included.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Man, you did better than I would have. I don’t think I would have thought to say much. Just would’ve been fists flinging, lol.

COTiger likes this.
  6. CalcoTiger

My wife was furious at me but I don't let anyone disrespect me and my team. Some of the best memories in my life as a kid were my dad and brother and me with my mom sitting on the couch listening on the radio. I sometimes think I wish it would be that way now. We were close and still are. And I talk to my 85 year old dad after every LSU game.

Winston1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don’t have any concerns about not being conservative enough against Bama. The fact that our offense was stonewalled, again, was the disturbing part. If E gets another shot at Bama I hope our offense is more prepared.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don’t recall Hugh Freeze having superior linemen to Bama. Seems like he was able to score more than zero versus Bama. Hmm...

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.