#3LSU v #1ALA Official Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ParadiseiNC, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I said you were a nice guy but you did jump E last night I saw your thread. You are OK in my book for what it's worth. Calco, Shane and islstl are complete and utter fools. As I suspected as soon as we lost to maybe the best college football team in the past 30 years here comes the clown islstl with a fire E thread. He would have you believe if we just ran different plays we would have beaten Bama. If you dare ask him what brilliant plays he would have run last night? Screens, slants, deep passes, throw to the RB's, draws, sweeps more run plays? Of course all that was attempted last night. I will continue to post with you and a few others here if you like. The rest of those idiots like Calco, Shane and islstl are not worth talking to. They are shitty unknowledgable fans.

2. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Just got on to read this morning, Dang K'caca deep breaths.
    Observations:
    Bama is better than I thought, finally have a high powered offense to match the D.
    Our offensive line couldn't handle Bama's D line (understatement)- No time to set up and throw, no run lanes open.
    Brossette needs to run lower, square his shoulders and run north and south. That said, he had nowhere to run.
    Overall D played well but over pursued and missed tackles. That led to big run plays.
    Joe was rushing but the Bama line beat him to the drop back point almost the entire game ( see O line comment).
    Our receivers need to catch better.
    Offensive game plan appeared to be wrong because nothing worked. More RPO or triple option looks maybe?? See O Line comment, it all starts up front.

All in all this season has been a very pleasant surprise. We weren't supposed to be this good. Hats off to the coaches and players. The only criticism for the coaches is they haven't taught our guys how to hold on every play and get away with it. We still have season to play out and can still get into a new year's day bowl if we win out. Overall this season is still beating expectations.
    Geaux Tigers!

StaceyO, Bengal B and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

As bleak as it seems following the azz whupping, I dont think many of us would have thought we’d be 7 - 2. We are just not on the same level as Alabama. we are good but not great. I was concerned from the beginning about all aspects of the offense (except kicking) and worst fears were realized. We need better players, better coaching and better game plan. Lack of offense dooms the defense due to fatigue!

What we need to do now is to win out. Can’t have a let down. Geaux Tigers.

4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Yeah I was only raised by a football coach and worked my way through college as a manager for a college football team working with Off. coordinator defensive co. receivers coach and linebackers coach.. I may go off the deep end once in awhile but I know football. I guess you coached football for 20 years in the nfl right

You are hall of fame in your own mind and if you don't want to talk to me it wont be a big loss. My wife stops sometimes and I care for her a lot I don't even know you.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Alabama is every bit as good as I suspected they were before last night.
    For those who point out that even R Kasas scored 31 and ULL scored I ask you if you think those points were scored against Alabama's starting D or their 2nd and 3rd stingers. And did the Tide keep their game faces on the entire game the way they did last night?

Our defense is as good as theirs but the chasm between their offense and ours, especially at QB is very deep. Criticize the play calling all you want and there were a few obvious bad calls but what plays would you call that would have been more effective against their D?

As @tirk said in another thread it takes a few years to build up the lines on both sides of the ball. A freshman RB, WR, DB or LB can be very good from game 1 if he has the talent but linemen need a couple of years to mature physically.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Without trying to affend Kikikaca One of the best plays used at the right time is misdirection. A team like bama that gang tackles and reacts quick is mis direction runs. I would like to see some of those added to plan.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

To me you are very reasoned and astute with the exception of your views on the gameplan. Would like to spend time chatting with you about my views on why everyone is wrong about why our offense is not prolific yet and notice I said yet.

Check out this link to what coach O said. The guy knows why we lost and is being pretty honest and up front about what we all know or should know.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_8d879004-e040-11e8-822a-7ff58c25946e.html

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I will give you a reasonable response. If there is one thing Saban demands from his defense is dont get fooled by misdirection. He demands his players stay in their lanes and or zones. Besides athletic players like Bama has can recover nicely even if fooled some by misdirection. Also do you really believe the entire offensive staff who all get involved in the gameplan along with the HC didn't take that into consideration? This article in the Advocate by O this morning sums it up nicely

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_8d879004-e040-11e8-822a-7ff58c25946e.html

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good story. It shows that you can make your point without insulting everybody. You should do it more often.

Richdog, ParadiseiNC and HalloweenRun like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Here is my problem with that. You become Bama by recruiting as good as Bama. If your program is in constant turmoil because the fan base is calling for the heads of either your head coach or your coordinators recruits hear this shit don't ever think they don't. All these kids know each other and they are all connected now. So hearing this fire E shit all year long and especially last night when E threw everything in the book at Bama really affects recruiting. Kids want stability and to play for the same coach they commited to.

I dont belong in this crowd is why I am so caustic. I hear this crap and it just burns me up how guys who claim to want this program to succeed do just the opposite of whats good. As I said in another thread this team and its coaches have overachieved yet they are already calling for the head of E here and some want O's head already. We are in the top 10 and don't think many thought we would be here much less rated as high as # 3 before the season started. This blog needs someone like me on theirs asses to shame them if nothing else. Won't be me after today.

Never had any problems with you, you have a wealth of common sense.