3 seed Lsu / 14 Yale Thursday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Normally I would be super pumped but this whole escapade has dampened my outlook.
    It would be great if Benford could take the handoff and keep running but I think he made a couple of big time boo boos in the Florida game. Would Wade have gotten that technical that gave the gay reptiles a 6 point play? Probably not. And we were dominating the first half by pounding the ball into the paint. Second half got totally away from that strategy. Would WW have made the adjustment to go back to what was working. Would have have made defensive adjustments to keep Florida from scoring 51 points in the 2nd half when they were held to 25 in the 1st?

We should beat Yale and the 2nd round foe will probably be Maryland. Then to get to the final 4 if chalk holds it would be Michigan and Duke. Can we get Dale Brown to be the interim? Maybe he could bring back some 1986 magic.

ROY_LA_CA and TheRealist like this.
  2. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

Benford talked about that in is TV interview last night, he's aware of it. Dale Brown..NO!!! He'll be trying to teach them the Freak in 2 days.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Ever hear/read his story about the simplicity of the Freak? He had TJ Moran - I think it was - at practice on day, and the idea was that Moran would try to explain it to the team, and then Brown would step in and correct it. Instead, Moran gave a flawless explanation of how it worked.

4. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

Actually I have.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Odds aren’t in his favor. There is no doubt he did wrong, but is there enough info to prove it? I imagine Admin was probably in the school of, “we don’t want to know, but if you get caught...”

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

He will need to seek a new profession and coach playground ball on the side after this.

7. lsu-i-like

Still hoping he can weather the storm.

8. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

I think it's important to look at this in a normal sense as much as possible. What attorney would want their client to talk to anyone about an upcoming subpoena in a federal case? My guess is not very many. It looks bad but I don't like the presumption of guilt.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yale has a Baton Rouge connection. Guard Trey Phills is the son of Bobby Phills who played for Southern and the Charlotte Hornets. Bobby was tragically killed in an automobile accident following a team shoot around in 2000. Trey grew up in Charlotte but spent his summers with relatives in Baton Rouge.

Brian likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

Reid is dribbling today; dribble and turnover.