247sports 2022 College Team Talent Ratings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Sep 2, 2022.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

Goes to show that there is still a lot of work to do on this roster. I honestly don't see how we are rated so high when you look at the total number of 4 and 5*. We only have 38 this year, when most of the teams around us are over 50. The difference between high 4* and low 4*, I guess. In 2019 we had 51.

Some of this has to be taken with a grain of salt. It only shows us with 71 players counted, but it only counts players who had ratings coming out of high school. It also doesn't use transfers' updating ratings. For example, Mekhi Garner, Colby Richardson, and Tre'Mond Shorts are all 0* and are not being counted at all. Those are all guys that are going to play a lot of football for LSU. It doesn't count former walk-ons either, like Jack Mashburn, Nick Storz, Evan Francioni, Jared Small, and Josh Williams.

Then there are guys that are obviously underrated. Miles Frazier is a 2*. There's a long list of 3* that probably should be higher, Jarrick Bernard-Convers, Mekhi Wingo, Ali Gaye, and Mason Taylor to name a few.

The take away though, is that this is not as talented a roster as we have become accustomed to, and it is going to take a couple of recruiting cycles to get back there. The good news is that we are off to a great start with the 2023 class.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    ROY_LA_CA and lsu-i-like like this.