2023 Portal - comings and goings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hou-duco, Dec 7, 2023.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Word is he wanted 250k to stay

Richdog and LSUTiga like this.
  2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

It will be interesting to see which school is foolish enough to pay him that much.

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The fact this thread exists shows the extent to which NCAA Football has spiraled down the tube. More and more college football is about who can be bought for what price. Immediate gratification for the individual run rampant. Football is becoming more and more about the player and not about the team……and even that changes on a year to year basis.

Richdog, Hou-duco and shane0911 like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

@HalloweenRun if you recall, when talk of all this started I was very vocal in my opposition. I, like you knew it was the beginning of the end.

Things were much better with hundred dollar hand shakes.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Yessir!

6. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

It’s a little thing called inflation. $100,000 handshakes on the NIL agreement.

LSUTiga, furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Malachi Nelson testin waters outside USC. Wondering if BK and crew have any interest. West Coast guy but so was JD...

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Vanderbilt QB A.J. Swann portals to the Tigers! I know, I know, what good does a guy from Vanderbilt do us? I'm still pulling for Nuss; he's waited when he could have transferred, and I want it to pay off for him and us. Swann has 12 career starts, so he's got - not just starting experience - starting experience against SEC defenses. I feel much better with that kind of experienced depth. He was able to earn an offer from Vanderbilt, so you know he's smart, probably smarter than most CFB caliber QB's. And of course, we have the experience of the last two transfer QB's to come here both exceeding wildest expectations. Not saying Swann will do even remotely as well, but the big reason Burrow and Daniels jumped were the combination of quality coaching and personal work ethic. Swann will get the same coaching Daniels got, and none of us knows what kind of work ethic he has. His potential is simply unknown, so there's no reason not to have at least some optimism about this transfer.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

On3 reporting Sage Ryan has de-portaled and will stay with LSU

Hou-duco likes this.
  10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

He de-portaled and Tygree Hill portaled. Hill joins Fitzgerald West, Quency Wiggins, and Bryce Langston departing the DL. I take this as an indication that Maason Smith and Mekhi Wingo may be coming back and CBK is processing some to make scholarships available for the new guys.

mctiger and shane0911 like this.