2022 season perspective

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 27, 2022.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

This says it all.

Attached Files:

2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Bumping this. I am happy with how our team fought down the stretch today. We will improve for the next few years, and the future is bright.

TBTrumpet, msully, Chipeace and 2 others like this.
  3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Maybe. But we still have a long way to go.

Kikicaca likes this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

but this was the floor I suspect…

worst to first in the west…

damn strong…

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. msully

msully Founding Member

Next season will be better

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

QB: B-
    Too many games where our passing game was hindered. Would have liked to see Nuss more. Maybe we don’t make the SECC wo JD though. He did some amazing things. Hard to say given our roster JD wasn’t the right call.

RB: B-
    Josh Williams was a refreshing surprise. Emery was hot/cold, Cain serviceable. Need more talent here.

WR: C-
    Disappointing to me. Maybe attributable to JD (see WRs going off w Nuss at QB vs UGA). Not a fan of Boutte, seemed soft all year. Think his NIL $ messed him up. NFL beware.

TE: B+
    Future is bright w Taylor, and it feels like BK will recruit/attract/utilize this position in the future. Some growing pains and maybe depth issues.

OL: B
    Overall I think a positive surprise. Very high on Brad Davis. Recruiting seems to be going well, stockpile needs to continue. True freshmen starting, think BK will have this group as a strength soon. It’s been a while since LSU could say that.

DL: B+
    Solid. Need depth. Pass rush won us a few games. Solid against the run in most games. Concerned about recruiting.

LB: C
    Seemed to be a weakness in coverage.

DB: B
    Solid play despite losing Corey Raymond.

ST: D
    Ramos started shakey but made a few solid kicks for us. Coverage and return game sucks. Kickoffs OOB. Poorly coached.

OC: B-
    I’ve been a denbrock hater, but maybe it goes back to JD and roster limitations. Nussmeyer was doing pretty well vs UGA. If BK made a change I’d be happy. I probably wouldn’t be mad if he returns.

DC: A-
    All things considered, House’s D was a bright spot with serious roster limitations. Hope we can recruit that side of the ball.

HC: A
    BK getting LSU to the SECC is pretty unbelievable. I don’t think he’ll be hard headed, I think he’s shown the willingness to change/self Scout when needed in the past.

StaceyO, shane0911, LSUTiga and 2 others like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

IMO the Defense just lacked depth and looked worn out as the season went on. We peaked during Bama.

If Kelly doesn't make a special teams change, I'm writing him off. Its that simple.

Overall, I was happy. I invested zero time in the offseason and just watched games with an open mind. Nothing emotional about it. Was kinda nice.

Daniels is ok, but he has hit his celling I think. He can be extremely effective in the college game with a system type approach, but I dont see him as a deep threat. Ever.

I think we underused our WR group in a gross way.

Would like to see what he can do with a full roster.

As they say, always next year!

shane0911, 65Grad and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Very well said across the board. The only thing I haven’t worked out is to what extent Daniels saved the OL by his escapability. He frequently held on to the ball way too long, but he also frequently evaded pass rushers that came free. I wonder what that looks like with a less evasive QB. That being said, with two freshman starting, I thought we were in for a long season. OL turned out to be a bit of a bright spot.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Can't argue too much with this with your analysis the exception of Denbrock and our WR's. Denbrock needs help at center and a more experienced and deeper OL. Give him that and 1 or 2 big time RB's and you will change your mind. We have a big time WR group and that won't change. I am now on board with sending a cab to get Polian off our campus. Not one of our kicking team understood the blocked field goal was a live ball, NONE!. That tells me Polian devoted no time to making them understand that. Muffed punts and kickoffs are not his fault but the blocked field goal is. Taxi! As far as RB's help is on the way. I love the 2 we have coming in but one more from the portal wouldn't hurt as long as he is fabulous. Lastly Nuss surprised me. However JD is the man and I hope he comes back. He was slinging it last night and he is a warrior. Yes Nuss looked different last night but still threw one of his well know passes into 3 GA DB's his first pass of the night and did throw an INT although I give a little break because we had to take chances.

Kelly and coaching staff gets an A- or B+ at worse from me. Because of a few head scratchers I didn't give them an A

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Considering where we started a year ago and to where we are now, you have to be excited about the future. CBK has changed the culture and how we approach each game and I like that. He approaches each game with a business like attitude/approach and he's clearly in charge of the program, not the players. The future definitely looks bright!