2019 LSU Baseball Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

CPM said it that he instructed Dunn to recruit the best pitchers no matter which arm they threw with. Just happened that they were all right handed. He said he would rather have a good righty than a mediocre lefty.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

That's always been my belief but I never thought someone would do it. After last year it feels like we need a couple for situational match-ups.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think it's under control. It will take a village because the idiot manages to get a synapse to fire once in a while and he will eventually figure it out. If we humor him I think we can pull it off.

furduknfish likes this.
  4. tirk

alright, went and checked out practice and scrimmage both days. I cant make it tomorrow so this worked out well. froze my balls off saturday.

I didnt see Cade Beloso do anything out of the ordinary but he has a presence, hes huge and Ive seen enough baseball to know hes gonna hit. Easy power to all fields. He looks to be our starting 1b. id say hes about 5'11 230. built like the jordan twins but half a foot taller and bigger. Looks like he belongs. And he bats left.

found this:

Jaden Hill pitched friday for the gold team. He went 4 innings. This kid is big too around 6'4 230. definitely looks like a football guy. Musta been a hell of a sight at qb in hs. He topped out about 93. Hess started for the purple and waked the first batter on a full count but was more relaxed and not overthrowing past that. Had the next guy hit into a double play. He went an inning didnt give up a run. CPM said he is one of the best starters in the league. I think hes trying to convince the both of them. (id move him to the pen but I think hes gonna be good this year)

Landon Marceaux went today. Go ahead and pencil him in the rotation. Small in stature probably 175 lbs not even 6'. But looks to be quite comfortable. Seems to have better stuff than walker. Threw some nasty offspeed stuff after toppping out about 93 ish. Had command of the zone and command of at least 3 pitches. Easy delivery. Ball didnt leave the infield in 3+ innings.

found this:

Mathis is our starting catcher for now. He and Willis look almost identical in stature-athletic. Willis played CF and LF and looks more like an OF than catcher. Mathis looks the part and both these kids are gonna be good. Both are about 6'2 190 ish.

Saul Garza is gonna be our main DH and our future catcher if his meniscus heals. Same theme here-hes a big boy who can mash. He has big power and effortless.

found this:

Brock Mathis
    Saul Garza
    Cade Beloso
    CJ Willis
    Braden Doughty

All 5 of these guys are catchers. All 5 could easily start and look good swinging the bat. Never seen depth at catcher like this. 2 are JCs, Garza and Mathis so CPM will be trying to get what he can out of them. Willis and Doughty caught both scrimmages.

pitchers I recall throwing:
    hess/hill
    cole henry (bama rhp)
    beck
    fontenot - looked sharp
    costello - florida
    aaron george- jc monroe
    todd peterson
    rye gunter -tx
    marceaux

Also Josh Smith got hit in the ankle in the 4th inning today sliding into 2b on a steal when the ball found him dead on. he hobbled around for much longer than I hoped.

the depth on this team is crazy. I think our 2nd string could finish 4th in the sec.

Also Nic Storz look like something out of a comic book - 6'6 260.

we got a few mashers this year mixed in with our midgets. long overdue. All of these guys were mentioned without the all sec starting outfield:

duplantis
    watson
    cabrera

its this year or never.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

watson1880 likes this.
  6. tirk

7. tirk

Saul Garza first inning slam today. Big things.

Ripolii on the bump kid from Curtis with Beloso won the state title 3+ shut out ball.

watson1880 likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Wow, kid has a hook that looks like Lange's, just not all crash in the dirt. It's very deceiving and an awesome setup pitch. And you are right, his command is pitches that get hit into play. The rest looks like he is trying to lull you to sleep. I'm pretty jazzed about this kid.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I love College baseball season. Can't wait.

kcal and shane0911 like this.
  10. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Lineup and rotation as of now... so all guesses.

Pitching
    • Hess
    • Marceaux
    • Walker
    Batting
    • Duplantis OF
    • Smith 3B?
    • Garza (cause he bats right handed) DH?
    • Cabera OF
    • Watson OF
    • Beloso/Bianco/Willis (Or whoever is on 1st)
    • Mathis C?
    • Broussard or Hughes 2nd?
    • Hughes or Broussard SS?