2019 LSU Baseball Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 10, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Is it the shit turf? That is 3 injuries on this fucking field.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Better pray he doesn't get injured.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Man, some of those are strikes. My goodness.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

WIsh this fucker was consistent.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Guess we saving our guys for tomorrow?

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

So there is "we have injuries" and there is "we are beat the fuck up". This week you might just see a bat girl or two in the line up.

“The list is too long,” groaned Mainieri, who himself is dealing with a cold. “You know that’s a bad sign when your trainer can’t even remember everybody who is hurt. What a nightmare.”
    Both third baseman Chris Reid (hamstring) and center fielder Zach Watson (groin) are unlikely to play on Tuesday night, Mainieri said, but neither have been ruled out for the Florida series yet. Watson’s injury is considered the more serious of the two.

“Whether or not (Reid) will be ready for Thursday, I don’t know,” Mainieri said. “And Zach Watson is worse than Reid, so I doubt he’ll be out there tomorrow. I’m holding out hope for this weekend, but you never know.”

Perhaps the most concerning injury is the loss of ace Zack Hess, who left Friday night’s game in the first inning after suffering a groin injury. Mainieri did note it wasn’t the same groin injury that hampered Hess during the run up to opening day.

OTHER INJURIES

– Freshman right-hander Landon Marceaux is back on the shelf after feeling a recurrence of arm soreness. He didn’t make the trip to Missouri after a rough outing against Southern last week.

– Infielder Hal Hughes is also banged up after an infield collision between Hughes and Brandt Broussard over the weekend. LSU sent Hughes for X-rays after he complained of sore ribs and a sore hand.

– Jaden Hill is “throwing and progressing,” Mainieri said, but the freshman is still at least a couple weeks away from a potential return to live action.

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS?

If Hughes and Reid are indeed out on Tuesday night, that leaves LSU with barely enough infielders to fill out the diamond.

Josh Smith, Brandt Broussard and Cade Beloso remain, but it could mean additional opportunities for Drew Bianco. The freshman did play some second base early in the season.

“He’s working at second and third, and he’s doing a lot of practicing,” Mainieri said. “If he gets a shot to play tomorrow night, we’ll hope he plays very well. He works hard. He does the best that he can.”

LSU doesn’t have much more depth beyond that. Watson is usually the emergency infielder, but he’s already hurt. Will Ropoll played infield in high school, but he’s slated to pitch against UL-Lafayette at some point.

https://www.tigerrag.com/notebook-lsu-dealing-with-rash-of-injuries-coming-off-missouri-series/

LSUTiga and tirk like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's bad. Biancos number to be called now. Ripoli would play infield this week but will be forced to pitch.

Hilliard to start game 1 against the Gators Thursday it seems.

Shitty turf is still shitty turf.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

@CajunlostinCali Gonna be especially bad for you this week. I suggest you turn off you tv, phone, etc. before and during our next series. Maybe go do some primitive camping.

9. CajunlostinCali

Threadgill to pitch tomorrow. I'm not even gonna bother to look it up

10. CajunlostinCali

Cannot watch. I simply cannot stomach this abortion any longer. I get the injuries, there is a fucking dump truck of broken bodies, but what's left is playing like a bunch of little leaguers and we have like zero pitchers and it's UfuckingLL. Hitting the happy hour. Fuggit

LSUpride123 and furduknfish like this.