2019 LSU Baseball Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9-0 Tigers

2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Thanks, sounds like batting practice.

watson1880 likes this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

10-0 now, btm of 3rd btw. 6 doubles on the day with a ton of ball left

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Told ya that boy Jaden is big. If he grows into that head of his. That's a true 12 6 he got working. That change up looks better than the one Hess and his mentor serve up with regularity. His location was as good as anyone could hope.

Marceaux still throwing 92 93 in the 6th was quite the surprise.

5. CajunlostinCali

He is a beast. Bet he throws a good football as well. His command was excellent, but I am looking forward to seeing him throw against better hitters. Would have preferred seeing him start Friday and Hess yesterday. Just curious if Hess has a better head for Sundays.

Marceaux is gonna be the absolute shit. Hope we dont break him. Kid is just ice. Surprised CLM threw him for 90+ pitches tho. Guess getting some fall work and a full spring set him up good.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Todd Peterson didn't pitch at all. Not that he was needed but I thought he would pitch an inning yesterday just to get some work. Has he nailed down the closer role or is there a chance Hess could be moved back to thr pen if the young pitchers continued to play well?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Taaaad Petersen

(Sorry)

Bengal B likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I'd Imagine CPM gives Hess a few more weekends to work it out. For sure it will take more than 1 good weekend out of freshman pitchers to take over Hess's spot.

Its clear he was the most dangerous out of the pen. Early on as a freshman (correct me if I am wrong) he and Walker battled for that Sunday spot. Walker obviously won.

Hess when on is NASTY. What I dont know now is how much Dunn might of fucked him up and if we can even go back to his "Wild Thang" form.

upload_2019-2-18_13-36-45.png

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Well how did he get the win Saturday?
    He pitched the 9th looked shaky. Loaded the bases but struck out the last guy to end it. He'll be fine.

10. CajunlostinCali

Rotation will be a work in progress up till SEC play. Marceaux and Walker should be a lock, but Hess needs a shrink and a needlepoint class before he is considered a starter, IMO. I think all the pre season Hess talk was just a confidence builder same as the heat that left the yard on Friday. I seriously believe the mental aspect to Hess might be Sundays if Hill doesn't beat him outright. Hess is only as good as staying ahead of the count. He gets behind and I close my eyes