2019-2020 Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 3, 2019.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’m a huge WW fan. We just don’t have a ton of momentum after getting raked through the coals to finish a great run last year, and then losing early games against middle of the road teams, and then winning a bunch of SEC games in Les Miles fashion. SEC is down this year per national media (I think maybe a little undervalued for raw athleticism and a bump up in coaching).

Les did a number on this town and it can even be felt in basketball, IMO. Mainieri doesn’t help matters.

Glad to get the win tonight, but it sure feels like we aren’t playing up to our potential. That might be a testament to WW - maybe he has expectations too high.

In LSU’s defense, and I think WW realizes this, we are a sleeping giant in basketball. If he can somehow make a run in postseason play, and make true hay with a stacked roster next year, we might be on to something big and sustainable.

TheRealist and HoopHound like this.
  2. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Got to remember we got a guy injured and out the last three games. He'll be back.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Great game.

Btw, we were down 6 when I turned it on. Jus sayin.

lsu-i-like and CajunlostinCali like this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

dont worry, the momentum will be rollin after wins this next week at bama and home vs KY.

i was looking at hilights of frank anselem, who i think will be the final signee of this incoming class. this dude is long and athletic and skilled. he is a massive fan of shaq and wants to come to shaqs house and throw down some jams. also, all these guys wade is bringin in seem like hard working good character dudes.

so lets review next year again. williams and watford are gone, i think. williams for sure and watford most likely. seniors graves mays and taylor are gone. that is 5 lost. 5 replacements:

3* thicc center bradley ezewiro, from the same high school as:
    5* score monster cam thomas combo guard
    4* 6'6 small forward mwani wilkinson, high motor athlete like an upgraded charles manning/marlon taylor
    3* louisiana man 6 foot point guard jalen cook
    probably 4* athletic big man frank anselem. kavell bigby williams with actual ball skills

plus 4* gtown transfer josh leblanc who is already, according to wade, a monster in practice.

so, if anselem signs, and the shaq enthusiast is expected to come here, thats a great class. should run roughshod over the SEC. already ranked #9 class without anselem. with him could be a top 5 elite class. and dont forget the wildcard, shareef o'neal!

now lets put these homies into a depth chart

PG smart, bishop, jalen cook
    SG cam thomas, charles manning, two walk on goofballs
    SF josh leblanc, aundre hyatt
    PF darius days, mwani wilkinson (shareef oneal?)
    C. frank anselem, bradley ezewiro, courtese cooper

thats a deep and talented team.

HoopHound and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Looks like Anselem is in the 2021 class.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

correct but what i have read it is very possible he reclassifies

MobileBengal likes this.
  7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Ah, interesting.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

today in his press conference wade was asked if last years instability with NCAA shit hurt recruiting. he gave an emphatic yes.

paraphrasing him: hell yeah it hurt big time. it hurt our depth. we had 2 or maybe three guys we lost because of it. big guys. at least two that are bigger than 6'5 and now at other schools playing well "

fucking LSU fucked that whole situation up. never should have suspended general wade. shoulda let him be out there making strong ass offers with full support of that dumb shit joe alleva

HoopHound likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

more paraphrasing wade's answers

are you over that situation, now with recruiting and past last year?

"oh yeah. (smile) we are bringin em in now. we will be deep. we are not in that situation anymore. we will be ready to roll"

kcal, MobileBengal, HoopHound and 2 others like this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

confirmed charles manning will return and be on a minutes limit tomorrow