2019-2020 Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

went to the nicholls game, and watched the replay to review.

i really like darius days. this guy rushes the basket like a madman for boards. if he is awaiting a pass for a baseline 3, and someone else gets a shot, he is off to the races, and he grabs boards. also he looks really big, the whole team is very strong looking. even courtese cooper, who was as skinny as a tentpole, but now has shooulders. perhaps he can evolve into a KBW type boardman/dunker. his stat line is still empty save for one solitary block. looking forward to his first basket. suspect it will be a fairly hard dunk that suprises and delights.

watford is great when he receives the ball one v one at the top of the key. he rolls to the hoop for the layup because he is quicker than the opposing big man and handle the rock. naz R always wanted to do this but had a worse handle and kept dribbling off a someones foot. but of course reid was a strongman that would throw down nukes.

team looked mentally lazy. irresponsibly throwing the ball around like folks that know they will win anyways. wade will solve that.

i often say i think mays is overrated. he isnt super athletic and doesnt finish. but in breaks in the action, he is the one reminding everyone where to be, and thats good. i just wish there was more taking it to the hoop by other players too.

i still like this team alot. i like the energy of williams and the depth with bishop (who i think is smooth) and hyatt, who can shoot. need some massive leads so these guys can get minutes.

the "NET" rankings the ncaa uses for seeds, it grades wins by how many points, up to a max at 10. so you must win all games by 10 to maximize positive computer rankings. so if you are up 13 with a minute to go and are sure to win, still cant put in white boys and clowns, need to win by 10 for sure.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lsu got a commit today from high powered elite 5 star scoring guard cam thomas

reloading

HoopHound and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Need to sign some bigs.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the other guy they signed, ezewiro, is only 6'8, but a very thick big fella. soemtimes is more about thickness than height.

the supply of 6'11 centers seems really scarce these days. but also those players are increasingly less relevant

HoopHound and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Very raw right now, but it looks like Watford and Days will be huge for us. E Williams is going to need to work the boards and he has the grit to do it. Looking forward to M Taylor returning.

Different team from last year, for sure. He had his flaws, but I think Waters spoiled us. Not as many ally-oops this year, and more oopsies (at least so far).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    tirk likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Not a commitment but a signing. He's officially a Tiger!

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nice clip you can see him throwin passes to his future lsu teammate ezewiro #30

8. lsu-i-like

10-16, 10 minutes in. Nothing easy on offense and UMBC (Maryland-Baltimore) isn’t playing oppressive D. We are just struggling.

9. lsu-i-like

39-23, UMBC looks pretty bad. LSU doesn’t look impressive, just outclassing the Labradors.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

22-2 run at the end. 10 for 10 from the field in that stretch. Wade changed up the d and started working our size down low. Most everything in the paint. getting ready for jamaicamon.

lsu-i-like likes this.