2018 World Cup

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 15, 2018.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

ill post in 8 minutes. Germany down to 10 men. Sweden can eliminate the defending champs.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

And like that, Germany wins on a set piece. Down a man they were still better than the Swedes. Sweden could not keep up with Germany. They tried to park the bus and play the fast break today.

Germany lost to Mexico because Mexico were faster and attacked them. Sweden never tried that because they couldn't. There will not be a repeat this year. Germans can be beat in space with speed and attack.

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I spent the past 10 days out of country or I would have been all over this early. USA and the Dutch failed to qualify. I am rooting for the underdog England. They are powered by a group of Tottenham (favorite EPL team) players led by Big Harry Kane. He is my boy. Two goals last Monday and they will advance with a win over Panama tomorrow morning.

I have Belgium as the best of the tournament so far.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

the game is 90 minutes. With halftime, it lasts 2 hours. Half a day is a baseball game, which is the most boring game on the planet.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You forgot about "extra time" which no one ever knows how long that is.

I stand by my comment. Unwatchable. It is a game invented by the poorest of poor because they didn't have shit else to do and all they needed was a ball.

F soccer

7. shane0911

I will add, baseball is a smart mans game, very cerebral. I understand why many don't get it. Exactly why majority should never rule, they just aren't capable.

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

extra time is minuscule and they announce the extra 1 to 5 minutes.

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I get it. If you understand the nuance of baseball, it is a battle of the minds. Soccer is the same way. Soccer is a position game and a mind game. But if you don't get it, then it just looks like a bunch of guys on a big field kicking the ball around like kindergartners. If you don't get baseball, it is similar but in a different way.

A 0-0 pitchers duel going into the 7th inning is the same as a 0-0 soccer game after 70 minutes. Eventually, you have to score to advance.

Not understanding the game is one thing. Not liking the game is ok. To compare it to women's basketball is a lack of acknowledgement that one doesn't get it and doesn't care. Which makes the comparison invalid.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. shane0911

Not even close, we will call this exhibit A
    Exactly what it is

See exhibit A it's not even close to the same. Not even on the same planet. Kick the ball into the net is a galaxy apart from putting a bat on a ball. Even if you are a pussy and decide to bunt.

Exhibit A

I don't like it because just like women's basketball it is unwatchable for me. Am I denying their athleticism? No of course not, anyone that can run up and down a field the size of Arkansas for half a day is crazy.

It is still ridiculously boring.

You have all the fun you want. It still sucks!

GiantDuckFan and mancha like this.