2018 performance vs recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Jan 15, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Shut up. I've seen you actually take a stab at Aranda but for some reason E is never at fault.

E didn't even want the damn job. Oeaux had to beg his ass.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Shut up? Wow time of the month for you? So much for a reasonable dicussion.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You'd have to be reasonable for that to happen.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Mod speaking here....can we have just one debate here without rudeness or personal attacks?
    (removes mod hat)
    @LSUpride123 I don't disagree that E could have done a better job last year, but I can't discount the personnel problems @Kikicaca points to when I look at the overall performance. I also can't help but go back to Coach Oeaux's interim year, which was also an interim OC job for E. When the change occurred, the offense - literally overnight - went from absolutely mired in the mud, not wheels spinning, but absolutely no movement at all - to 600 yards, 40+ points a game. There were bad games, too, but there was no doubt he got much more out of the same people than did the previous guy.

I'm a believer in continuity. A change in the OC today would mean, in effect, 4 coordinators in 4 years. That's no way to build a program. There will be very little personnel change in the offense this year, and it would seem the changes coming are for the better. Let's see what happens this year. If we experience the same red zone issues in '19 that we did last year, I'll join your bandwagon.

ParadiseiNC and TBTrumpet like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh my goodness guys.

I said shut up. Like, it was in the nicest way possible.

Example. Shut up. See? This way is nice.

Example 2. Shut up! A little more tone there!

Example 3. SHUT UP! Clearly enraged and disrespectful.

Example 4. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! I've lost all control!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

In 2016 E scored 0 on Bama and 10 on UF. Lost both. I dont really care that he racked up yards on the teams we should have beat. That is because we had elite talent (and still do frankly).

The only game this year we could have a legit complaint about lack of talent was the Bama loss.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Those were the two games I meant when I said,"There were bad games too."

I agree; we do have elite talent. But for all the hoopla surrounding Burrow, he was relatively inexperienced when he arrived, which was only a few weeks before the season started. So he was also literally learning the system while he was playing. Our running back situation was adequate, at best. Nick and CEH are not elite. The o-line was beset by injuries for most of the year. I think it was the first 7 games where we had 7 different starting combinations on the line. That is a major problem for a group expected to perform as a unit, made worse by (an opinion that I will continue to hammer) our relative lack of physical strength up front. We need a new conditioning coach. I know Moffett is an institution, but he appears to be an institution who is no longer keeping up in his profession. Our receivers, while an impressive collection of recruiting stars, did not play up to their potential last year. Does anyone dispute that?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Shut up

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That is the problem. Its about the same games every year and they are extremely important games to have "bad games" consistently.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I'm telling!

ParadiseiNC, kcal and lsu-i-like like this.