2018 Mid Terms

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Tom Steyer, most of the Silicon Valley billionaires, many of the hedge fund gurus, Hollywood leftists. Only someone who doesn’t want to see believes the dems don’t have similar assets behind them.

KyleK likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And Mark Zuckerberg. Facebook has over a billion users. Dont believe for a second that the millennial mult- billionaire isn't using his power to influence people. Recently Facebook flagged the Declaration of Independence as hate speech.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not anywhere close to the level Sheldon Adelson and he Koch’s donate.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Zuck doesn't have to donate a penny to wield a lot more power than Adelson and the Koch's. Facebook gives him the power to manipulate opinions in a way that those being influenced won't even realize. Larry Page and Sergey Brin have that same kind of power too. Everybody uses Google whether they use Facebook or not.

5. LaSalleAve

Well, you have a point there, he got Trump elected.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jared Kushner got Trump elected. He got his enlisted his silicon valley pals to come up with a highly effective social media campaign. Was really brilliant the way they did it. They were able to highly target their advertising and measure the effectiveness in realtime. This allowed them to either increase or decrease or change the focus of their ads and to spend their money in a more effective manor. Despite being a billionaire, Trump had a lot less money to spend on their campaign than the Dems did.
    I read about it in a Forbes Magazine feature soon after the election. If you want to read it you can probably find it. I don't remember which months issue it was.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Comparing amounts spent can be useful but also misleading. I think Presidential campaigns should be capped at $500M. If you need more than that to get your point across, you suck.

That said, ALL politicians should be held to a cap of how much taxpayer money they can spend on fundraising for ANY type of issue. Look at the hag-in-residence....

"House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi sent out a dramatic, no-holds-barred fundraising email on Monday saying she is "determined to avenge President Obama if it’s the last thing I do" by preemptively opposing President Trump's Supreme Court nominee."

Really? What a colossal waste. And she's the first on the list that should go if we had term limits.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    LaSalleAve likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

She is high on my list I people I hope die soon.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sorry LaSalle but in 2016 the democrats large dollar donations and side spending topped the republicans. Your point is old and is no longer accurate.

10. LaSalleAve

Wanna bet who spends more now that they got a huge tax cut?