2018 Masters

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COTiger, Mar 31, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    I love The Masters,.. and I usually watch some U.S. open and British open

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

One day tickets to the Masters are $100 if you are lucky enough to be one of the few ticket lottery winners. For anybody else they have to go ti a secondary market like Stubhub and pay up to $2300.
    I love watching the Masters on TV but I don't think that golf is a very good live spectator sport. Do you try to follow Tiger or Jordan or Rory or Phil around or do you find a spot by one of the holes and see everybody but only for that one hole? If I was going to spend that kind of money on a sporting event I would much rather go to a Superbowl, a World Series or an NBA final.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

CBS covers it as well as it can be covered. They pour a ton of resources into it.
    Back in the '90s I used to work the Sprint International and a few other tournaments for CBS as a spotter. If I was willing to travel I could work any CBS golf telecast I wanted except one. You got it. The Masters.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Since you have up close experience with being at live golf tournaments how would you describe the fan experience compared to the fan experience at a football, baseball or basketball game.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

My family and I went to the Zurich a few years back when it was at the TPC in Avondale. Great experience, great time. We followed different golfers for a few holes, David Toms, Ricky Fowler, etc., and at times just hung out at a certain hole for a while. It was great. Would do it again in a heartbeat. I’m sure a major, or a Ryder Cup event, would be electric.

I actually love watching golf on TV, especially Masters and US Open. I’ll sit back in my recliner and watch for hours on end. Only a few things better than that and they all begin with s.

TerryP likes this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah I've been to Zurich. It was awesome.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That's difficult to answer. At the International for example i worked the 3rd shots on #8 and the 2nd shots on #15. That's all of the golf I saw until I watched the taped coverage that night.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Gimme DJ, Ricky "I'm good for at least one 8" Fowler and Tommy Fleetwood

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'll take the field vs the top 10 favorites. I don't know how most of them have been playing so far this year except that Tiger played well and Phil won a tourney. I don't think Spieth has been all that hot this season so far. If any one of the favorites beats the field I have a feeling it will be Rory. Just a guess. I have no idea how he has been playing.