2017 RB Cam Akers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tzanghi, Dec 3, 2016.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I wouldn't say RB is a huge need, but it is a need. Next year we set with Guice. The following year will be Brossette, with Helaire and Fournette being the only two backs. Neither of which are every down backs by any stretch. Brossette is an unknown. While LB and DE are the biggest needs, RB is a bit of a need.

tirk likes this.
  2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Ummm... RB is a big priority. It's not as big as LBer, but it's big. Guice is done after next season. After that, the talent is rotational players. Unless LSU is planning on starting one of the better QBs in the country the year after next, this is a priority this season.

didit likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What's on the radar for RB next year?

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

That was just to get someone to tell me we had one since I don't know who we are recruiting. Bhelm never followed up.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No it's not. RB is probably the easiest position to recruit, the easiest for a freshman to contribute and Louisiana produces plenty.

6. MLUTiger

Yes, but if you don't actually sign them that that whole speech you just gave is worthless. Also, the RB class in LA next year is very weak. I know there's a kid in Hattiesburg who is pretty good, but this is a position that needs depth every year.

How does LSU look for Etienne? He's been chased by some good schools and LSU has had him just sitting on the back burner.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

247 doesn't even give LSU a 1 percent chance to land this kid.

Sark won that job in Alabama because of his influence on California and West Coast kids. Not real sure if Najee Harris is a Gump without Sark.

If LSU misses on Akers which will almost assuredly happen, it's not gonna be a good look.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

LSU is in the conversation for most loaded backfields almost every season. It's been that way for a long long time. I don't forsee that changing any time soon for a number of reasons. You have to be searching extremely hard to find something to worry about when you start worrying about RB recruiting at LSU.

9. MLUTiger

That kind of thinking is exactly how you wind up with a huge hole at RB.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Asa Martin but it's an extremely long shot and he is ranked around 14 or 15th best tailback in the nation. Not encouraging