2017 Pre Season

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Aug 8, 2017.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

They missed their chances to build a team around Drew the 3 or so years after the SB.
    After he signed that big deal he lost some fire. Since then he been on a decline.
    He will throw an interception or two maybe three that will cost the Saints wins.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

You gotta throw when the coach won't commit to the run and the D gives up 30 a game. He's also top 3 in TD passes and leads in yards every year. He's the only reason we can even win 7 games. Best QB in the league outside of Brady and possibly Rodgers. No doubt.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I believe he's the reason we can win 7 games but best qb in the league outside Brady & Rodgers is a bit of a stretch.
    5 years ago maybe.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Finally some good injury news....Max Unger saw limited work today, and Payton says he should be ready for either the 3rd or final preseason game.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Some of you guys need to stick to LSU.

Drew Brees is a first ballot HOFer. To blame him for anything the past 3 years is silly. He hasn't been perfect. Either has anybody else. All teams with QBs not named Brady and Rodgers would kill to have Brees... And I love it when people talk about somebody's contract. I guess Brees should be happy putting up the best passing numbers in the league, but should be perfectly fine being paid like a scrub. I guess then he would find his "fire."

Absolute nonsense....

fanatic and mctiger like this.
  6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

AMEN brother!

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A few observations from last night:
    Chase Daniel for Luke McCown did NOT upgrade our QB staff!
    A.J. Klein is the real deal. Te'o played very well, but I want to see him do that against offensive starters for a team that didn't just let him go before I get too excited.
    Al-quadin Muhammad looks like an absolute steal in the 6th round.
    Was Cadet hurt? I hope not, because I'd like to read some significance into his not playing last night, like...we've seen enough; goodbye.
    Ramczyk is going to be a good one, but the idea of his protecting Brees' blind side against J.J. Watt next week, even for a quarter, makes me very nervous.
    Does Ted Ginn Jr offer anything we can't get from Tommy Lee Lewis, and for a whole lot less money?
    After two games, looks like the philosophy is to really ramp up the QB pressure to help all these young CBs. Don't know why it took until 2017 to figure that out.

8. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Tommy Lee Lewis is more quick than fast. Certainly he's not as fast as Ginn. Also, Ginn has been a much better returner than Tommy Lee has shown so far in his career.

We are gonna have to put up with some drops from Ginn just like we did from Devery Henderson, because Ginn can fly.