2017 NBA Finals

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by shane0911, May 31, 2017.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I think coaches should put the teams together, it's not right to have superstars collude, :) joining together on a team to win championship rings,.. parity is a lot more fun and healthier for the league.

Free agency makes NBA parity a pipe dream delusion on my part though.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Too much parity is not a good thing. Look at the NFL where 7-9 teams make the playoffs. Great dynasties are good for that teams fans and gives opposing fans something to unite and root against. All dynasties come to an end sooner or later. The Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, Steelers. And so will the Patriots and the Warriors.

3. GiantDuckFan

You forgot the 49ers

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And the Bulls and Cowboys. Oh, and the 60's Packers. And Gretzky's Edmonton Oilers.

5. GiantDuckFan

phtt,.. don't drown me with your facts,.. San Francico 49ers baby, yeah! wooooo!

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Had Durant stayed in OKC they wouldn't need Curry or Thompson. That isn't to say they would have won it all, just that they would have been competitive. So the answer to your insinuation is no, I'm not in favor of the Super team bullshit. The entire season is a farce unless you are sadistic enough to wish injury on folks.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Kind of funny how the Celtics and the Lakers have picks #1 and #2 in the upcoming draft. Celts have been slowly getting better under Brad Stevens and just need a couple more pieces. Lakers with Jeannie Buss taking control and hiring Magic as GM or whatever his title is could get a lot better a lot faster than the have been. Could all happen while the Warriors are still on top before they start to decline. How long before Anthony Davis wants out of New Orleans? Hint: Pels are keeping Gentry as coach and gave Demps an extension.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Word on the street is he and Westbrook really want to be on the same team. I don't know how that happens in OKC because they are strapped for cash.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nobody is strapped for cash. All the team owners are billionaires. Teams that can put superstars together are the ones that that aren't incompetent in managing the salary cap. I don't know about OKC but in New Orleans Dell Demps is an idiot and owner Tom Benson probably doesn't have enough brain cells left to realize it. I would love to see Westbrook in a Pelicans uni but that ain't never gonna happen. They will probably end up as part of the next Lakers run to greatness.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Jeanie buss and magic Johnson will never get the Lakers back to anywhere near where they once were. Jerry buss and Jerry West had the vision responsible for the Lakers success but that ship has sailed.

shane0911 likes this.