2016 S Cameron Lewis Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by EyeoftheTiger 2015, Mar 12, 2015.

1. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Just announced to LSU and this one should raise LSU to #4 on 24/7 team rankings from #6.
    JR Season Highlights...almost all of them are with him playing QB although there is a nice INT and run near the beginning of the HUDL highlights
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3134064/highlights/187546383/v2

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. old school

old school Veteran Member

He is listed as the best pure safety in the state. I've noticed that many of the guys listed as "athletes" by the recruiting services end up on the defensive side of the ball at safety or nickel.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  3. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Absolutely correct. His QB highlights show him to be a great athlete but I didn't see much QB passing ability there (most passes I remember were thrown short and the longer ones seem underthrown so he doesn't have much of an arm). That is not a knock on him since of course, that is very common for the best athlete on a HS team to play QB....ala Morris Claiborne at Fair Park HS, Paul Turner, etc, etc, etc I do wish that the highlights had him more on the defensive side of the ball but regardless, everyone has him as a safety. His size qualifies him....his athletic ability qualifies him...obviously he would be hell to bring down after an INT due to his speed and agility. The one thing we obviously can't judge by the HUDL video is his ability to tackle.

LSU John likes this.
  4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

LSUDad likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

please delete this post before Miles sees it and puts him at QB!

LaSalleAve and Winston1 like this.