2016 QB Shea Patterson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Jul 28, 2014.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Maybe, Ball helps in that role. Supposedly, his forte is coaching WRs to be complete, meaning blocking, and not giving up on play when it seems they are not involved.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The last time I checked Quinn, Dural, Diarse, and Dupree weren't in the NFL.....not yet anyway. I can tell you 2 LSU receivers on NFL rosters today that had the dropsies at LSU. Lafell and Bowe. The talent is obviously there, they just have to play as a unit. That being said I have more confidence in their ability to get better than either of the 2 qb's.

3. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

It isn't just you and I criticizing the LSU receivers. The TV analysts (different ones BTW) time and time again mentioned that when a passing play wasn't working and scrambling occured, they criticized the lack of LSU receivers working their way back to the LOS...that is WR 101. Also, when plays break down, the other obvious safety value is the TE...oh yeah, LSU has like 10,000 on the roster but until the ND game when Smith stepped up, I didn't see a heck of a lot from them. Like I have been saying about the passing game, I can easily find fault with everybody involved...from the playcalling to the throws to the route running to the catching to the lack of a TE.

I hope you are wrong about your last statement but as of now, hard to see a star yet for sure. Once again, it would really, really help if Cam Cameron quit dusting off the Studrawa game plan. The main positive thing I saw him omit fortunately was that incredibly stupid quick pass to the WRer near the sideline behind the LOS. For some reason, A&M can run that play, dozens of other teams could, but Mettenberger and even the LSU receivers now in the pros could never get that play to work.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Exactly my point, its no different than any year. So what is the X factor? Oh, the QB.

There was not some anomaly of dropped balls this past year. If so, prove it.

5. LaSalleAve

Anomaly no, but some really crucial drops at really crucial times.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Happens every year.

7. LaSalleAve

So because it happens every year they get a pass? Hell shitty QB play happens every year at LSU where are the passes for the qb's?

Tiger in NC likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They get a pass because the drops WR's commit are no greater than 2013, 2012, 2011, and so on. QB change was awful. It's a fact. QB's under Miles don't get a pass because most years they are not any good.

9. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Pretty much if you weren't winning the Heisman at that time for USC you were "underwhelming."

Talk about victims of success.. it was an era rarely seen of mega-stars with equal talent walking off the bus. Usually it is one or the other, but rarely both and often not in such crazy quality AND quantity.

LSUDad likes this.