2016 QB Dwayne Haskins Jr.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Very interesting data. It looks to me star ratings have even more limited value when recruiting QBs than other positions. The development is more important and that is where we have been lacking.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wasn't Jarrett Lee a 4 star? QB is such a hard position to play, and to evaluate, you really live and die by the circumstances you are presented. Your coaching staff and the weapons around you unless you are someone like Flacco or Luck.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So was Anthony Jennings. I don't know how they assign stars to player unlees the just put their name in a hat and draw for it.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

they are good then we get ahold of em. Its not like they all suck and we are unlucky. We kill their qb iq and suck the confidence out of them in less than a year. its what we do. we are the anti-qb school.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We might be getting to the bottom of this. Just yesterday I called Les the Anticoach

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hell, I think JJ was a 4-star. But if you go back to that list I posted and see all the 3-star pro-style QBs who are now in the NFL, my guess is with the extension of the Spread O into high schools, teams are putting their best athletes at QB. They put up big numbers that impress rivals, 247, etc and get the higher rankings, but when they get to college (and eventually the pros), the premium is on smarts and accuracy. Those 3-stars had them all along, but they were de-emphasized in HS offenses. Spencer Ware was a 5-star dual threat QB if I'm not mistaken. One of the NFL's best defensive players, Kam Chancellor....5-star QB. There were others I noticed that I'm not remembering right now, but their athleticism puts them in better places than college QB.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I literally LOL'd when I read this.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

JJ was 3*, but close to 4* as I recall
    AJ, BH and JLee were all 4*s. The QB-->baseball guy, Zach something (Lee?) was either a 4 or 5*
    Spencer Ware played QB in HS, but was 4-5* RB for recruiting purposes.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Who is doing the QB a bigger favor? Miles or Meyer? On one hand a QB under Meyer will look really good on the stat sheet and in games. You could argue though that Miles offense better preps a dual threat guy for the NFL. Only problem is they don't look good during college so they fall or don't get drafted at all. Miles offense is a better prep for the NFL but the dual threat guy has very little chance at succeeding in it.

Really I think the only way a dual threat guy is going to really be good in this offense, is if he is a physical freak like Newton, or Young, or Tebow. A guy who makes up for his lack of ability throwing the football with instinct and physicality.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village