2016- First Basketball Verbal, Wayde Sims

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Jun 28, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

LSU lands local commitment
    [​IMG]
    (Photo: The Advocate)
    LSU has landed a commitment from U-High junior forward Wayde Sims, who was named Gatorade's Louisiana Basketball Player of the Year earlier this spring.

Sims is LSU's first commitment for the 2016 class, a strong start to a signing class that will follow up the 2015 crop that the Tigers reeled in, which included a pair of five-stars and the No. 1 overall prospect in the country.

Sims, who led U-High to 33-3 record and a second straight Class 3A state title, averaged 17.6 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 steals. He made 62.8 percent of his shots from the field and 71.3 percent of his free throws.

Sims’ father is former LSU standout Wayne Sims.

[blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"][p lang="en" dir="ltr"]I have verbally committed to stay home and play for the LSU TIGERS! @LSUBasketball #GeauxTigers

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i was gonna jokingly ask if his dad was wayne sims. hope he has the same smooth stroke. wayne sims had the best touch on a midrange jumper i can remember. at least for a big guy.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Wayne was always one of my favorite LSU players. Softest shot I've ever seen.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yep. That deft, soft touch was what I remember about Wayne Sims, too. Seem to remember him being a big body, in the mold of Barkley.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Wayne was around 6'7" 255#, Wayde is 6'6", 205#. Still time to grow and add a few

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i wonder if cjj and sims were on the same team at deridder? i think they missed each other by one year.