2016 DT Briston Guidry

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dudley, Apr 19, 2015.

1. dudley

dudley oops!

Committed to Arkansas. Early commit, but not good news. Top 100 recruit. One of the top big men in the state(and the country).

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

We're not really even recruiting him. He's a backup plan if we miss on others.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  3. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Yeah, I agree, and will go one step further. I find it highly unlikely that LSU could miss enough this year at DT (LA is flat out loaded and so is TX) to take the 320th best player in the country/very low 4* (24/7 composite ranking of the 4 services). Thanks but no thanks. I never had him on my LSU list of expected signees because much bigger fish out there than him. Normal year he might be a take for LSU but not with the several other LA DT supposedly better than him and also the TX DT(s) that are ranked higher that LSU also leads for.

4. dudley

dudley oops!

Yes, LSU is recruiting him or at least they have offered him which I guess means they are recruiting him. When you have a big, 6'3", 278, guy like Guidry who is fast/quick and aggressive as he is, you have a prospect, I don't care what the "services" say, although Rivals has him as the # 93 rated prospect overall and # 9 in Louisiana , so apparently they have taken a look at him.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/01/lsu_offers_a_scholarship_to_20.html

I count 4 top level DT prospects in Louisiana in this class and Guidry is one of them. So now there are 3, assuming Guidry sticks with Arkansas.

On another note the # 1 DT prospect in Louisiana, in my opinion, Rashard Lawrence snubbed the LSU Spring game Saturday to attend the Alabama spring game, along with 3 other Louisiana recruits, so there you have that too.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  5. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Just refreshed my memory on the 4 DT tackles I predicted on Feb 23rd that LSU would sign next February....I have seen no reason whatsoever to change these... Alexander (already committed)....Oliver (in the lead and with UH the main competition, looks good for LSU here)....Lawrence (LSU in the lead here, saw where he and some others went to the Alabama spring game...means nothing as proven over the years for spring game attendees)...Logan. If LSU hauls those in, they get an A++. As you and I stated, Guidry was a backup guy. For the record, the 4 I predict are rated all way ahead of Guidry (#320)
    Alexander #13, Lawrence #14, Oliver #24, Logan #174 (that would be 3 5* and a 4*)....I'll take that and call it a day. :)

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

And they seem to like Stephon Taylor better too even though they are similarly ranked.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  7. Rue Amulet

Rue Amulet Freshman

Impressive highlights. I think Alabama and Ole Miss also offered.

8. EyeoftheTiger 2015

LSU for some reason has a pretty bad record overall of getting "teammates". They already have Chattman from McDonogh 35 so I just have a gut feeling Taylor will go elsewhere. I don't think LSU has much of a chance at Benito Jones (currently an Ole Miss commit) either. But a guy to really keep an eye on is Kendell Jones from TX (#54 overall in the nation) and I believe originally from LA. Right now, LSU is coming up fast on the outside on the 24/7 Crystal Balls with 4 of the last 7 going our way. And Shea Dixon is NOT that much of a homer and recently he predicted Jones to come to LSU. LSU is incredibly lucky to have a tremendous need in the future at probably the most abundant position around in the 2016 class....DT, particularly in TX and LA. :) I give the coaching staff obvious credit for knowing that which is why LSU signed 0 DTs in the 2015 class.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Is that going to bite us in the arse that we didn't sign one in 2015? I'm guessing Valentine if he plays could be considered even though he was technically the 2014 class but we don't know if he is going to play or not.