2016 CB Saivion Smith Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by EyeoftheTiger 2015, Feb 24, 2015.

1. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

On your first sentence, it depends. If you can't get to the QB in a decent amount of time, you blitz. Chavis seemed like he thought it was against NCAA rules or something to blitz. Yeah, you and I saw exactly the same thing in your rest of your post. I always dreaded 3rd and 12....knew the team was going to get it. 3rd and 3, LSU usually stopped them. That is 100% defensive scheme! Because the odds are supposed to be flipped dramatically the other way. But in the ND game, I remember a minimum of 5 times that ND made 3rd and 9 or longer...that is insane!

2. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Pretty much agree but your first sentence doesn't really jive with this. I think most people thought Danielle Hunter had a good pass rushing season his SO campaign....I think he pretty much disappeared on pass rushing his JR season. That is pretty much verified by LSU finishing like 11th or 12th in the SEC in sacks. And I think Rasco held up his part of rushing the passer...DH was the guy that seemed to vanish last year. .

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Nation's No. 1 CB coming to town
    The LSU staff is expecting a big turnout for the spring game on the recruiting front and the Tigers’ highest rated commitment will be coming to town in the nation’s No. 1 cornerback Saivion Smith.

Geaux247 confirmed with Smith’s father that they will be in town, and he added they are “very excited” about getting back to Baton Rouge.

Smith committed to the Tigers two days after he made a visit to LSU on Feb. 21. Since then, he and his father have been actively recruiting for the Tigers with four-star quarterback Dwayne Haskins as one of their top targets.

Smith’s teammate at IMG Academy, five-star defensive end Shavar Manuel, is another big target they are working and he may make the trip with Smith and his father. However, that is not a definite.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Welcome back Saivion...

Two huge visitors for LSU
    The LSU staff has been on a recruiting roll this summer, upping the commitment total to 17 - and moving into the lead spot with the No. 1 class on the 247Sports Team Rankings.

[​IMG]
    (Photo: Josh Newberg, 247Sports)
    Now, the Tigers will get their chance to host one of the nation's most coveted prospects, and they will have some help from five-star commitment Saivion Smith along the way.

Not only is Smith - LSU's highest-ranked commitment - headed back to Baton Rouge for a visit, but he will be bringing five-star defensive lineman and IMG Academy teammate Shavar Manuel.

"Saivion and Shavar will be visiting LSU this weekend," said Anthony Smith, Saivion's father. "He will be bringing his fellow IMG teammate to LSU to sell him on why he should be a Tiger."

Manuel, who has become a major target for the Tigers and defensive line coach Ed Orgeron, is ranked as the No. 1 strongside defensive end prospect in the country and the No. 6 overall prospect in the 2016 class. Smith is ranked as the No. 2 prospect in Florida, behind only Manuel, and the No. 11 overall prospect in the country.

Stay tuned to Geaux247 for more on the Florida five-star tandem's visit.

didit and Brian like this.
  6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I like!!!!!!

LSUDad likes this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Would be a huge pull from Florida to get a stud DL from there.We normally just get skill guys from there.

rockwallfan, LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Saivion Smith, DB, LSU - The nation’s No. 3 cornerback had some thinking he was staying instate to play for Florida State or was going to be the next star from the Tampa area to choose Clemson. In a February national announcement on ESPNU Smith not only announced his top five but also publicly committed to LSU. He’s proven to be ‘very solid’ with the Bayou Bengals ever since, even trying to recruit others for the Tigers. LSU, known as ‘DBU’ led by secondary coachCorey Raymond, attracts the nation’s best at the position with its growing rate of college development into NFL success.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Is there an article that goes with this?

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, but it won't let me post from my phone. It talks about teams stealing great players.