2016-17 Football Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jul 1, 2016.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No, it's not that simple and nothing to do with a got dam rule, really. The SEC’s rule on such things does not in fact prohibit transfers from one SEC school to another.

If it was that simple why did Bama let graduate, Chris Black, transfer to Missouri this year. Kirby Smart is on the record saying he would, in fact, allow grad transfers to play at other SEC schools. Whether he will later is to be seen.

I do find it funny that Saban saw fit to give a Georgia transfer a spot after he transferred due to a felony domestic violence charge but won't allow a graduate to transfer TO Georgia.

didit and uscvball like this.
  2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

3. TUSKtimes

As long as he leaves with coach Saban and the SEC blessing and release he can. We shall see.

4. LSUTiga

See Terry, so simple. :D

Tusk, if I were Saban that is what I would have done too. After what Saban's accomplished and what he has with talent there, no reason to let this be a distraction right before season begins. I have a feeling what Mo is saying about his locker being trashed by the staff is true though. Just a hunch. I can see Saban himself doing that. lol

5. TUSKtimes

Going to be most interesting to hear what the SEC has to say about Smith. They can simply grant it or not and move on to the next case or they can also take a hard look at the rule in general and see if they want to carry on business as usual.

6. LSUTiga

I have a feeling it's already decided that Mo won't be allowed to go to UGA. I suspect Saban had someone on the committee that he spoke to, to ensure it would be denied, before granting the release. He doesn't leave things in other peoples' hands.

uscvball likes this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

damn they released him now you gotta spin it back the other way.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He texted a picture of the trash can contents, trash can being right next to his locker. Anyone who denies the message in that is well, in denial. And he was denied use of facilities for one week. Again, there's a message there. Saban doesn't give one shit about what's good for this player. As you pointed out he let another xfer out to an SEC school and he took one in.

This is about Saban being a dick to Smart. Fine, I really have no problem with that. Big boys play that way but nobody should pretend that Saban is being saintly and just "playing by the rules".

As for Kirby violating communication rules...."Georgia received permission on June 16 to speak with Smith. Compliance coordinator Riley Edwards’ letter stated Alabama granted permission “to any institution” to speak with Smith about a possible transfer."

Likely, or he's playing the odds. When a situation gets to this level, how many times has it worked in the athlete's favor?

9. TUSKtimes

There's a lot of conspiracist in you tiga. I'm guessing you believe the fix was in with Cam Newton and the NCAA. But if you are correct about denying transfer, I would be happier for everyone. This is one rule that keeps poaching of players from becoming the norm. Asking teams to regulate themselves without a hard fast rule is like asking Jim Harbaugh to regulate his satellite camps.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

there should be a rule in all collegiate sports at the minimum if the coach who recruited you leaves for whatever reason you can opt out. and if he goes somewhere else you are legal to follow pending no approval.